cracked app keep deleting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gman23

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
jailbroken app keep deleting ?

everytime I go to sync my iphone with itunes all my jb apps get deleted and I have to reinstall it after every sync . I dont think i changed anything is their a setting or something im doing wrong or can change ? Oh and im new to this sorry if this has been asked before .

Last edited:

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Talk of Cracked Apps are frowned upon around these parts. Support the Developers and buy apps. Then you wont come across any issues.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
guys calm down im assuming he is asking for help with apps bought in cydia... there are a lot of people who associate JB apps with Cracked apps

anyways i think in Cydia there is some setting to change.

maybe Fardob will come looking around and help you out

gman23

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
hey thanks guys . the apps that keep are all different some are from cydia some are from the app store . when i go to plug in to sync it , it starts to sync then i use to get a pop up to say do you want apps already bought synced but no more pop up ? now i can see when i sync it i can see the apps getting deleted and have to download them all over again dont know if theres a setting i need to change ? any help appreciated though. thanks

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
as far as i can understand your question, this is the best answer I can come up with.

plug your phone in let it do it's thing,

when its done go over to the left side of iTunes and click on your phone,

that brings up the screen with all your phones details and such,

then go over to the "Apps" tab at the top and tell it to stop syncing apps,

of course you will have to redownload your problem apps but after that it should be fine (i hope)

post results

ted

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Solution for you

Just don't jailbreak your phone and steal from hardworking app developers who get nothing because you "cracked" their app.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Just don't jailbreak your phone and steal from hardworking app developers who get nothing because you "cracked" their app.

again Jailbreaking isn't stealing Cydia apps are paid also and the people who develop them get paid

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
It's all good when you have sync turned on it only puts Apps on there that can be seen in iTunes

since cydia apps are unwelcome in iTunes it deletes them

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say this, but after years of jailbreaking, the ONLY time I've seen iTunes delete apps off a phone is when they were cracked apps. I sync my phone almost every day and have a ton of Cydia apps--iTunes has never deleted a single one of them unless I'm doing a fresh restore, in which case it's supposed to delete apps.

In other words, these are probably cracked apps he's dealing with.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
im not a JBer in any sense so i Wouldn't know about Cydia apps and such except from what i read but i do know iTunes and the way i view it is he is going to do it regardless (if that is in fact the case) so answering an iTunes question can't do anymore harm then has already been done.

BigB

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Cydia apps will never show up in itunes. itunes doesn't even know they're there..

Turning off the app syncing may have stopped itunes from deleting his cracked apps but now none of his apps are going to get synced/backed up..

I've seen the exact thing he's talking about before..

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
it will still transfer purchases from the phone to desktop but it wont put stuff he bought in iTunes on the phone

BigB

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
oh, I didn't realize it would still do that...

I know exactly how to fix it too.. but rules are rules.. lets just say a google search will probably show the answer..

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Cracked apps are a douchey thing to do and not something we want discussed on these boards. (How would you like it if someone came to your work and stole a Big Mac?)

SlyFi is awesome for giving the benefit of the doubt here, but it smells fishy and I'm closing the thread.

Most apps are $0.99. There's simply NO excuse to steal them, and it hurts the rest of us because if devs can't earn a living, they'll stop making the apps we want.

Status
Not open for further replies.