Ok, I have an IP4 and have Jailbroken my phone with Limera1n. I have gotten some great apps like MyWi and My3G, etc. How do I save them? What is in place to make sure I don't have to pay the $19.99 again if I have to restore my phone - or if I get a new phone, or something of the sort. Syncing with iTunes doens't save Cydia apps. How do you save these type apps?
    10-17-2010 04:47 PM
    How to Backup Cydia Apps, Jailbroken Apps

* Open Up Cydia
    * Search AptBackup, Install > Confirm ( its in big boss Cydia Repo)
    * Exit Cydia, Run AptBackup
    * Click on Backup
    * Sync your iPhone/iPod Touch with iTunes
    * List of Cydia Apps will be backed up in iTunes, however it will not save any app settings

How to Restore Cydia Apps, Jailbroken Apps

1. After restoring/upgrading/jailbreaking your iPod Touch/iPhone
    2. Install AptBackup again and this time use the Restore function
    3. The app will reinstall the Cydia apps packages in one step

Source
    clg82 likes this.
    10-17-2010 05:11 PM
    I have purchased Cydia apps recently and had to restore a few times. Every time I log back into Cydia after re-jailbreaking when I go to an app I have paid for it says I have purchased it and allows me to install it again at no cost.
    10-17-2010 06:14 PM
    Just like apple does on the app store Cydia saves your purchases and you can re-download them anytime you like.
    10-17-2010 06:20 PM
    Great info guys I appreciate everything everyone does on the forums!
    10-17-2010 07:26 PM
    ugh...tried this and it crashes right as it starts...sadness...it worked several days ago...and i dont think i added anything more...

EDIT: tried reinstalling...no dice
    10-19-2010 12:28 AM
    Is there a way to get a list of apps that you purchased? Email the list or something?
    12-07-2010 03:48 PM
    just write it down ha
    12-07-2010 03:59 PM
    Is there a way to get a list of apps that you purchased? Email the list or something?
    Check out the 'How to Backup your Cydia Apps' on iphonedownloadblog dot com, posted on 11/24/2010 - this will give you the full list of installed JB apps - some stuff is automatically included with Cydia as dependencies, but usually the purchased stuff is easily visible. You can also do 'dpkg -l' to get the list of apps with descriptions and versions too.
    12-15-2010 07:22 PM
    the cydia store will save your purchase and you will be able to get the apps that you have previously bought for free.
    12-22-2010 06:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD