Hey everyone I am thinking about buying the MyWi4.0 app on my JB iphone 4 but from reading on the website it says that aside from the one time fee....apple or AT&T will charge be extra to tether....any truth to this? thanks for any help in advance~Chris
    10-14-2010 05:21 PM
    Do you have an unlimited data plan?

If you have say the 2gig plan, you're going to get charged for going over you 2gigs as you normally would. If you go over that is.

If you have an unlimited plan, tethering isn't technically allowed on your plan without paying extra.

That said, I've never gotten an extra charge from AT&T for tethering, but they could decide to charge me at any time an there wouldn't be much I could do about it..

I used 13gigs in august and they haven't said a word about it
    10-14-2010 05:27 PM
    Do you have an unlimited data plan?

If you have say the 2gig plan, you're going to get charged for going over you 2gigs as you normally would. If you go over that is.

If you have an unlimited plan, tethering isn't technically allowed on your plan without paying extra.

That said, I've never gotten an extra charge from AT&T for tethering, but they could decide to charge me at any time an there wouldn't be much I could do about it..

I used 13gigs in august and they haven't said a word about it
    Ok man thanks for all the help! I have the unlimited plan so i shouldn't have a problem. BigB when do you use tethering the most, i am trying to justify spending that much for the app....i have a home network that I use for my laptop......thanks for any help.
    10-14-2010 05:30 PM
    i think it's more of a disclaimer (CYA) just in case something goes wrong but i have never heard or read of anything like this happening

and, BigB_117, holy sh!t! 13gigs in august?! i came close to 7gb one month and was freaking out, but like you, it was never an issue
    10-14-2010 05:34 PM
    i think it's more of a disclaimer (CYA) just in case something goes wrong but i have never heard or read of anything like this happening

and, BigB_117, holy sh!t! 13gigs in august?! i came close to 7gb one month and was freaking out, but like you, it was never an issue
    What does everyone use there tethering for? and is it easy to use?
    10-14-2010 05:37 PM
    Ok man thanks for all the help! I have the unlimited plan so i shouldn't have a problem. BigB when do you use tethering the most, i am trying to justify spending that much for the app....i have a home network that I use for my laptop......thanks for any help.
    I don't have an internet connection at my house right now, so I use it to get on facebook, surf the web, etc. at home.

I've also been known to download a few movies, programs,

I don't recall why I used to much in august, I must have downloaded some big stuff..

If I had an internet connection at home I probably wouldn't use it much at all, but for things like vacations, travel, etc. I imagine it would come in handy.
    clg82 likes this.
    10-14-2010 06:09 PM
    I don't have an internet connection at my house right now, so I use it to get on facebook, surf the web, etc. at home.

I've also been known to download a few movies, programs,

I don't recall why I used to much in august, I must have downloaded some big stuff..

If I had an internet connection at home I probably wouldn't use it much at all, but for things like vacations, travel, etc. I imagine it would come in handy.
    How fast does it surf the internet on say a laptop?
    10-14-2010 06:22 PM
    I haven't tried it on the iphone 4 yet, but on my 3G it was about like a slower DSL connection.. The upload speed was pretty weak though..

I'm told the iphone 4 is a bit faster..
    10-14-2010 06:44 PM
    I put MyWi 4.0 on my iphone 4 about a week ago. It's MUCH faster than it was on my 3G. I'm not sure that's from the better 3G connection on the phone, the phone itself being faster, or MyWi 4.0 being improved over the old one.. but I'm happy with it.

Here are the results from a speedtest I just ran. The upload comes back about twice as fast as my 3G did, and the download is about 4 times as fast

10-23-2010 12:46 AM
    It is good to use with the WiFi only iPad!
    10-23-2010 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD