Hoping some of you can help me out. I was jailbroken on 4.0.1 and now did a restore and jailbroke to 4.1. When I plug my device into iTunes it shows I have 6.4G of free space. When I press the sync button that changes to 6.9G of free space. Is this the 500MB that Cydia takes up? Has this always been this way and I never noticed? I read where if you do not restore correctly Cydia will continue to eat up space 500mb at a time until you do a full restore. I am hoping I haven't started down this road because I do not want to do a full restore. Do any of you see this same behavior. It should be easy to test out. Thanks for any and all help.
    10-10-2010 10:09 PM
    1. Launch Cydia and search for Desktop/SMS Background. Install.
    2. Go to SettingsWallpaperchoose any photo.
    3. Youll immediately notice two i icons in the upper left and right of the chosen image.
    Tap the left i icon: set your SMS background
    Tap the right i icon: set your homescreen background.
    Hope this helps.
    10-10-2010 11:50 PM
    1. Launch Cydia and search for Desktop/SMS Background. Install.
    2. Go to SettingsWallpaperchoose any photo.
    3. Youll immediately notice two i icons in the upper left and right of the chosen image.
    Tap the left i icon: set your SMS background
    Tap the right i icon: set your homescreen background.
    Hope this helps.

haha I think you posted that on the wrong post.

OP: On your phone what does it say for available memory left? My phone and iTunes say the same amount.
    10-11-2010 12:55 AM
    haha I think you posted that on the wrong post.

OP: On your phone what does it say for available memory left? My phone and iTunes say the same amount.
    They both say 6.4G. The thing I am seeing is when I sync with iTunes the available memory goes from 6.4G to 6.9G while it is in the process of syncing. Then once it is finished it reverts back to 6.4G. I am worried that I have lost that space. Check your phone while syncing and see if it shows a different number. TIA
    10-11-2010 06:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD