My Cydia has been stuck in downloading packages screen for the past 30minutes. On my old phone it only took a few seconds to add a new source.

Any ideas why this is? Is it a server issue or has anyone else been able to use this recently?
    10-10-2010 06:36 AM
    What iDevice? Firmware? JB tool?
    10-10-2010 06:46 AM
    iPhone 4 ios 4.1 jb today with limera1n
    10-10-2010 06:53 AM
    I had an issue with Cydia and had to reinstall it again with limera1n. The second time was a charm.
    10-10-2010 07:45 AM
    Oh ok thanks for the tip trying that now will keep you posted.
    10-10-2010 08:41 AM
    Looks to be working now. I re-installed and did the updates and its now adding packages.
    10-10-2010 08:53 AM
    I'm having this issue now.

The thing is, it was working as it should all the while up until a couple of days ago where its taking ages to download packages...but all other functions in Cydia are ok...meaning I can still browse and download or even cancel the sequence if I want.

There doesn't seem to be any changes that need updating. So not sure why its taking so long to check and download packages.

The last recent apps/tweaks I downloaded were, DisplayOut, FolderEnhancer and AskToSend, plus I'm using the latest Cydia update.

iPhone 4 JB with Limera1n.

I've done a little search around and it seems to be a known issue dating back since last year. Does anyone have an idea how to fix it. If I have to install Cydia again whats the implications? will I lose all my downloads?
    12-16-2010 07:02 PM
    I had this problem earlier today. Must be a problem with their servers.
    12-16-2010 08:05 PM
    I hope it is a server issue, because it was working fine in the last few weeks, especially with the update.

Just tried now, its roughly taking about 20-25secs from launch to download packgages and reload data...is that normal? I cant remember now...but I'm sure ive never noticed it to be that long.
    12-17-2010 09:40 AM
    Depending on your connection that can be normal.
    12-17-2010 10:38 AM
    My Cydia has been stuck in downloading packages screen for the past 30minutes. On my old phone it only took a few seconds to add a new source.

Any ideas why this is? Is it a server issue or has anyone else been able to use this recently?
    what firmware are you on? and also there is a new vbersion of cydia which is much faster than the one you are probably using so id update your cydia to the latest version hopefully this helps.
    12-22-2010 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD