Really excited about the new jailbreak but....

RepoJoe

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I am really excited about the new jailbreak but have never done one before so am alittle scared as well. I want to be able to customize and get the full use out of my iPhone but am also scared of "bridling the phone". What are the chances of this and how easy is it to get the phone back to normal if something does happen?

Keep in mind I am not super tech savvy and not completely ignorant either.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
If something happens its really easy to restore it back to factory. It's pretty hard to ruin an iPhone!

I messed up files on my wifes phone the other week and it wouldn't boot up. So I put it into DFU mode and restored it in iTunes and all is well with it.

I too was scared the first time I ventured into the JB scene but it is easy and well worth it.

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey Repo, I'm going to be blunt and honest with ya about this one...By creating a new thread asking about this is probably going to piss off some of the members as it is asked constantly. This is also why no one has responded probably in 15 minutes since you posted it. They will tell you to search and read up on the threads. I mean no disrespect by saying that, just being honest. There is ALWAYS a chance of bricking your phone. I can only say there is a 50/50 chance of bricking it. It all depends on your comfort level as to whether or not you should continue with attempting to jailbreak. Yes you can restore a jailbroken phone but it is more in depth and if you're not familiar with it I would highly advise you to not do it. So really, no one can say yes or no to whether you should do it or not..It's up to you. If you're not comfortable, please do not take the chance..If you want to learn, then by all means..I would do it.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
You wont brick your phone... Its almost impossible... Dont worry. Have fun and worst case youll be stuck with apple's stock firmware ;)

RepoJoe

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Bretxw thanks for the honesty. After a few Boston lagers last night I pondering the idea of searching never crossed my mind. Typically I do but apparently last night it didn't happen.

Also thanks again for the advice and also to the others who responded.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR