Updating JB Question

entwined82

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
So I have a 3rd Gen Ipod Touch 64GB running 4.0.1 jailbroken via Jailbreak.me website. Do I need to update to 4.1 before running the limera1n app? What happens to my apps installed via cydia? Do I need to reinstall them once jailbroken again? Do I have to do anything with TinyUmbrella besides backup my shsh? Done that already to be safe.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
You have to update / restore to official 4.1. With every update / restore, JB is gone, including apps. You will need to reinstall them. You don't need to use TU for this JB. Saving SHSH files are separate.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
You have to update / restore to official 4.1. With every update / restore, JB is gone, including apps. You will need to reinstall them. You don't need to use TU for this JB. Saving SHSH files are separate.

What if I have an iPhone 4 with 4.01. I unlocked it too, and I don't want to lose the unlock. Do I need to use TU?

Can someone post step by step instructions on how to do this properly?
I currently have an iphone 4 with 4.01. Jailbroken using jailbreakme.com and unlocked using ultrasn0w.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
What if I have an iPhone 4 with 4.01. I unlocked it too, and I don't want to lose the unlock. Do I need to use TU?

Can someone post step by step instructions on how to do this properly?
I currently have an iphone 4 with 4.01. Jailbroken using jailbreakme.com and unlocked using ultrasn0w.

YES. To keep baseband on IP 4 only, you use TU same way if you wanted to restore to a firmware Apple is not signing. First, save the 4.1 SHSH files locally, start "TSS Server," restore to 4.1 through iTunes, you should get an error (reason baseband did not get updated), and then, in TU, use "Kick out of recovery mode.". Personally, i would wait for pwnagetool, or at least, until Geohot makes limera1n even more stable.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2