Limera1n released

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Is there any point in re-jailbreaking with Limera1n superior versions? For example originally jailbroke with BETA4 then running RC1 over the top? Or will that make no difference? And should you just restore and JB with RC1?

jasonrn2000

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Ran into problem: after backing up, i upgraded from jailbroken 4.01 to 4.1. I did via iTunes restore. It failed, and seemed to be stuck in recovery mode. After several retries, I used tinyumbrella to kick out of recovery, then restored from backup. Seemed fine. Everything appeared as before except on 4.1 now. All apps and settings restored. I jailrbroke 4.1 and noticed some icons were white. After reboot all was well. I downloaded aptbackup and restored all my apps. Then all my default apps disappeared leaving just the jailbroken apps. I fixed with a sync to iTunes. Now all is fine except I need to reorganize.

I noticed in ifile, there are random letters and numbers after many folders, the theme folder is such one. It is now "stash/themes.0j6sEk". Is this going to be a problem? Why is this happening? I noticed when using iphonebrowser, it couldn't find my theme dir. Prob because of the extra stuff after "theme"

Jason

bibeaud

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Upgraded to 4.1 and Baseband Upgraded Too !!!

I upgraded to 4.1 by running Tinyumbrella (start TSS) then in Itunes held down shift and selected restore. Did not get an error message. Tiny umbrella showed my baseband went up to 5.14.02 from 5.13.02.
I installed Limera!n and then installed UltraSnow. UltraSnow did not work and I could not use the phone (for calls). Unistalled UltraSnow for now.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I upgraded to 4.1 by running Tinyumbrella (start TSS) then in Itunes held down shift and selected restore. Did not get an error message. Tiny umbrella showed my baseband went up to 5.14.02 from 5.13.02.
I installed Limera!n and then installed UltraSnow. UltraSnow did not work and I could not use the phone (for calls). Unistalled UltraSnow for now.

TinyUmbrella only works to block baseband update on the iPhone4.

tjckm

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Carriers

Hi!
I just made it ra1n with my iPhone 4 on ios version 4.1
I'm not sure what to do as for switching carriers?
Will this even work?
Thanks in advance for the help!

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
limera1n looks to be final now.

Also, doesnt look like its ever getting a mac release...

"Mac coming in 7 years" HAHA Geohot is such a douche...

tjckm

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi!
Will this even work?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi!
Will this even work?

You are stuck for now. There may never be an unlock for this. Just keep watching in case.

bradld

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
re-jailbreaking with Limera1n superior versions

Is there any point in re-jailbreaking with Limera1n superior versions? For example originally jailbroke with BETA4 then running RC1 over the top? Or will that make no difference? And should you just restore and JB with RC1?

Good question. Wanting to know the same thing. Anyone??

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Generally no... although I do a lot of testing and then redo my jailbreaks cleanly once Ive done everything. I also usually wait until most of my tweaks and cydia apps have updated.

Ill be redoing my JB with greenpois0n anyway...

aaron130

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Farbod, when you rejailbreak, do you restore your iPhone first? Or just jailbreak over what u have now and basically just jailbreak again over the limera1n jailbreak?

scaramonga

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Just updated to iPhone4 iOS 4.1, no worky here :(

Limera1n completes its job and nothing is shown on phone, no Cydia, no Limera1n icon, nothing!!

Tried this about 6 times now, restoring also, makes no difference.

rs691919

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Ok, forgive me, I have been away from jailbreaking forums for a while. I have a 3GS running 3.02 (I know, I'm a dinosaur)!) and jailbroken with blackra1n. I would like to upgrade to 4.1 and jailbreak with limera1n. Do I need to restore first and then upgrade to 4.1 and THEN jailbreak, or can I just upgrade to 4.1 and then run limera1n? I would prefer to just upgrade and jailbreak, as then I don't have to waste time re-syncing all my music from the backed up version. Thanks in advance!

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Ok, forgive me, I have been away from jailbreaking forums for a while. I have a 3GS running 3.02 (I know, I'm a dinosaur)!) and jailbroken with blackra1n. I would like to upgrade to 4.1 and jailbreak with limera1n. Do I need to restore first and then upgrade to 4.1 and THEN jailbreak, or can I just upgrade to 4.1 and then run limera1n? I would prefer to just upgrade and jailbreak, as then I don't have to waste time re-syncing all my music from the backed up version. Thanks in advance!

If you want to unlock, then I would wait until there is a custom IPSW that will preserve your unlock. If you dont care, than yes go ahead and upagrade to 4.1 and jailbreak with limera1n...

When you upgrade you have to resync anyway, so it doesnt matter...

rs691919

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
No interest in unlocking. I will upgrade and jailbreak with limera1n. Re-syncing it is...there are not enough hours in the day. So I can skip restoring the device to original settings? Thanks!

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
No interest in unlocking. I will upgrade and jailbreak with limera1n. Re-syncing it is...there are not enough hours in the day. So I can skip restoring the device to original settings? Thanks!

Yup. Just make sure you backup settings on iphone.

Goes like this:

1. Backup
2. Upgrade
3. Restore from backup
4. Jailbreak
5. Resync

You can do 3 and 4 in any order but make sure you do both...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen