Limera1n released

JF7FSU

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I can't seem to uninstall Limera1n. The red delete icon spins but no matter where I touch it wont delete. Any ideas?

Ashere

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
thinking about JB my phone

I want to JB my phone but have some security worries. If i do this does it make my phone open to hackers?

k8108

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I am indeed a newbie - however, have spent multiple hours reading, searching, trying to JB my iphone 3gs 4.1.

I understand the JB process with Limera1n, but am still confused as to whether this process will unlock the phone. If not, is there another process to unlocking.

Thank you.

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
I am indeed a newbie - however, have spent multiple hours reading, searching, trying to JB my iphone 3gs 4.1.

I understand the JB process with Limera1n, but am still confused as to whether this process will unlock the phone. If not, is there another process to unlocking.

Thank you.

It wil not unlock the phone. Read this thread it has alot of good info about how to unlock and if you even can. From what I understand you have to use tinyumbrella and have modem firmware 01.59.00. I didn't read too much about unlock because I dont need it but like I said read the rest of this thread.

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

Thank you.

What version is your modem firmware?

mikenyc2

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
I THINK I jailbroke my iphone 4, it said it was complete and just to power up the phone again. But I can't find Cydia on my phone. Searched for it.

Anyone know what is happening?

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
I THINK I jailbroke my iphone 4, it said it was complete and just to power up the phone again. But I can't find Cydia on my phone. Searched for it.

Anyone know what is happening?

I've read some people saying they've had to reset their device several times for it to show up. Assuming of course that you've already opened the limera1n app and installed Cydia.

mikenyc2

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
Duh,
I was looking for Cydia after jailbreaking, as it was when going thru the Dev team. I forgot that this way I have to run the limera1n app after jailbreaking to get Cydia.

Thanks for rebooting ME! LOL

lukehancl

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
yeah, you should see limera1n icon on the screen, then it should turn off.....

are you running it with ITunes running as well? you need to have ITunes running as well.....

ginnz.

Thanks for the help. I've since run it on my i4, and now know what a successful JB looks like. Unfortunately, haven't been able to replicate it on the iPad, even on a clean 3.2.2 restore. No limera1n logo on the screen despite the "success" prompt.

djdan00

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Is this jailbreak like all the old ones. By that I mean Ive jailbroken iphones before and any problems you can restore and remove jailbreak. Is this still the case with limer1an??
Ive got a new ipad and want to try safely :p.

kritonman1

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I was just wondering. I am currently using the jailbreak on my iphone 4 ver 4.0 phone. Since this is supposed to be unpatchable can i just use the make it rain on my already jailbroken phone then upgrade to the 4.1 or do i have to upgrade via the restore to 4.1 then re jailbrake it again? thanks if anyone can clarify.

bibeaud

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
No. If you want to preserve your baseband, please use my TinyUmbrella Tutorial....

Farbod21,

Where can I find your tutorial to read about preserving the baseband in a 3GS before upgrading? The greatest blogger posts are removed from the homepage if it was there. Thanks in advance!
:)

Jo3Bingham

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having wifi issues after jailbreaking? Because I am on my 4.1 iPhone 4, and it is driving me crazy. Guess I'll have to restore and wait for a fix or Greenpois0n. Btw, I've tried restarting my phone, resetting network settings, I even redid iOS 4.1 completely and rejailbroke, but still having issues. And in case you're wondering what problems I'm having; very, very frequently losing connection, having to rejoin because it becomes unknown, and having to reinput the network password.

Update: Grabbed my sister's unjailbroken iPod Touch 4G and she has the same problem, obviously a router issue. Sorry for the inconvenience. :)

Last edited:

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
It looks like it's out of beta. Those waiting for it can go get it!

"RC1 - out of beta! afc2, reliability improvements, no reboot for cydia, 2kb smaller"

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
If I'm right, if you are already jailbroken with limera1n then you are good. This is just to fix problem some people were having and maybe not able to jailbreak.

I was waiting for it to get out of beta because of the various problems I was reading about. Such as Cydia not showing up and the limera1n icon being a white box. I hope that is fixed because I want to keep that icon on my screenboard. :)

scaramonga

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Farbod21,

Where can I find your tutorial to read about preserving the baseband in a 3GS before upgrading? The greatest blogger posts are removed from the homepage if it was there. Thanks in advance!
:)

As far as I know, 3G and 3GS phones are excluded from baseband preserve with Tinyumbrella, but strike me down if I'm wrong :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73