Limera1n released

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Idea for mac users?

Would wine or wine bottler whatever you call it work into tricking limera1n.exe is running in windows but is actually running on a mac? curious cause i have used this a couple of times for example WinPlot can only be used in windows, but wine tricks it so you can use it on a mac.

Patients works even better ;)

FamilyGuy04

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
run limera1n then reboot your iDevice. once it says it's respringing let it come back then turn your iDevice off, give it a moment then turn it on. let me know how that works out for you.

With my luck in this world i'm completely amazed that i didn't brick my phone and instead it worked the first time for me.

Still no cydia which i assume should appear on the main screen immediately after running limera1n. I didn't see in itunes or limera1n anything about respringing so alas I guess I'm just stuck waiting.

Keep in mind that my phone is a 3Gs running 4.1 that had NEVER been jailbroken before. I hope greenpoison works, I really want to run PDAnet on my phone

aaron130

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok one last question I promise,lol. I go to that site to download Limera1n and I download it and a Limera1n icon appears on my desktop, I click that and it says make it rain. On the Limera1n page it says "follow the instructions in the box, sadly limera1n isn't one click that's the price of unpatchability" my question is what box? Where are the instructions?

aaron130

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind figured it out, searched google,lol. Im at work now anyways so I wont be doing this till morning. gives me all night to do research and see how its working for everyone else,lol

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Alright...So what are the CONS about using this JB and not the one that is suppose to be released tomorrow? Don't they both serve the same purpose, just achieved differently?

buci1er

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
there arent any "CONS"

Be careful and follow directions. It's a very simple process. Jailbreaking will allow you to manipulate some of the features of the phone to your liking. The issues you may or may not be hearing about is because people are unsure whether or not there will be a stability issue. I've been using it for a couple of hours trying out various things and everything has worked perfectly for me. If i were you and i were interested in exploring the idea of jailbreaking your phone i would try it out and if you dont like what you see you can always revert back to your original settings =)

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I know the benefits of jailbreakig. I was looking more at what makes this jailbreak differ from the jailbreak rumored k be released tomorrow?

Last edited:

zayragiselle

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
alright so..iphone 4...is 4.1

dl limera1n and i click on make it rain...it gets stuck on waiting for device...i unlocked my phone and tried it again and it doesn't want to go forward....what can i do?

lineskier22

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Is my iphone ready to be jailbroken? iphone4, iOS 4.1, saved my blobs a minute ago, and backed up... Is that all? Can I move into the jailbreaking process?

sduck

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
angelgirl204 - I had the same situation here. Running limera1n within windows 7 on my macbook via bootcamp. Turns out I needed to install itunes, the windows version - apparently it installed the drivers needed to make the iphone visible to limera1n. I've never had the need to run itunes in bootcamp windows because it's already setup on the mac side of things. Once I did that it worked great. Oh - when you first install itunes run it once, and go into preferences and turn off the option that starts up itunes whenever your iphone is connected - it gets really annoying during the jailbreak process to have itunes popping open several times.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods