Is there any point in re-jailbreaking with Limera1n superior versions? For example originally jailbroke with BETA4 then running RC1 over the top? Or will that make no difference? And should you just restore and JB with RC1?
    10-11-2010 03:02 PM
    Ran into problem: after backing up, i upgraded from jailbroken 4.01 to 4.1. I did via iTunes restore. It failed, and seemed to be stuck in recovery mode. After several retries, I used tinyumbrella to kick out of recovery, then restored from backup. Seemed fine. Everything appeared as before except on 4.1 now. All apps and settings restored. I jailrbroke 4.1 and noticed some icons were white. After reboot all was well. I downloaded aptbackup and restored all my apps. Then all my default apps disappeared leaving just the jailbroken apps. I fixed with a sync to iTunes. Now all is fine except I need to reorganize.

I noticed in ifile, there are random letters and numbers after many folders, the theme folder is such one. It is now "stash/themes.0j6sEk". Is this going to be a problem? Why is this happening? I noticed when using iphonebrowser, it couldn't find my theme dir. Prob because of the extra stuff after "theme"

Jason
    10-11-2010 03:45 PM
    I upgraded to 4.1 by running Tinyumbrella (start TSS) then in Itunes held down shift and selected restore. Did not get an error message. Tiny umbrella showed my baseband went up to 5.14.02 from 5.13.02.
    I installed Limera!n and then installed UltraSnow. UltraSnow did not work and I could not use the phone (for calls). Unistalled UltraSnow for now.
    10-11-2010 05:11 PM
    I upgraded to 4.1 by running Tinyumbrella (start TSS) then in Itunes held down shift and selected restore. Did not get an error message. Tiny umbrella showed my baseband went up to 5.14.02 from 5.13.02.
    I installed Limera!n and then installed UltraSnow. UltraSnow did not work and I could not use the phone (for calls). Unistalled UltraSnow for now.
    TinyUmbrella only works to block baseband update on the iPhone4.
    10-11-2010 05:14 PM
    Hi!
    I just made it ra1n with my iPhone 4 on ios version 4.1
    I'm not sure what to do as for switching carriers?
    Will this even work?
    Thanks in advance for the help!
    10-11-2010 05:46 PM
    limera1n looks to be final now.

Also, doesnt look like its ever getting a mac release...

"Mac coming in 7 years" HAHA Geohot is such a ******...
    10-11-2010 05:57 PM
    Hi!
    Will this even work?
    10-11-2010 06:06 PM
    limera1n looks to be final now.

Also, doesnt look like its ever getting a mac release...

"Mac coming in 7 years" HAHA Geohot is such a ******...
    agreed!

10char
    10-11-2010 06:08 PM
    Hi!
    Will this even work?
    You are stuck for now. There may never be an unlock for this. Just keep watching in case.
    10-11-2010 06:44 PM
    iOS 4.1/4.2 Unlock Coming Soon

As Alli stated above you will just have to watch and wait. According to the post above it has been unlocked but might not come out till after 4.2 is released in November sometime.
    10-11-2010 06:49 PM
    Is there any point in re-jailbreaking with Limera1n superior versions? For example originally jailbroke with BETA4 then running RC1 over the top? Or will that make no difference? And should you just restore and JB with RC1?

Good question. Wanting to know the same thing. Anyone??
    10-11-2010 07:52 PM
    Generally no... although I do a lot of testing and then redo my jailbreaks cleanly once Ive done everything. I also usually wait until most of my tweaks and cydia apps have updated.

Ill be redoing my JB with greenpois0n anyway...
    10-11-2010 08:27 PM
    Farbod, when you rejailbreak, do you restore your iPhone first? Or just jailbreak over what u have now and basically just jailbreak again over the limera1n jailbreak?
    10-11-2010 08:53 PM
    Just updated to iPhone4 iOS 4.1, no worky here

Limera1n completes its job and nothing is shown on phone, no Cydia, no Limera1n icon, nothing!!

Tried this about 6 times now, restoring also, makes no difference.
    10-11-2010 08:58 PM
    Farbod, when you rejailbreak, do you restore your iPhone first? Or just jailbreak over what u have now and basically just jailbreak again over the limera1n jailbreak?
    I restore. I like a very clean install. More work yes, but I have OCD
    10-11-2010 09:07 PM
    Ok, forgive me, I have been away from jailbreaking forums for a while. I have a 3GS running 3.02 (I know, I'm a dinosaur)!) and jailbroken with blackra1n. I would like to upgrade to 4.1 and jailbreak with limera1n. Do I need to restore first and then upgrade to 4.1 and THEN jailbreak, or can I just upgrade to 4.1 and then run limera1n? I would prefer to just upgrade and jailbreak, as then I don't have to waste time re-syncing all my music from the backed up version. Thanks in advance!
    10-11-2010 09:43 PM
    Ok, forgive me, I have been away from jailbreaking forums for a while. I have a 3GS running 3.02 (I know, I'm a dinosaur)!) and jailbroken with blackra1n. I would like to upgrade to 4.1 and jailbreak with limera1n. Do I need to restore first and then upgrade to 4.1 and THEN jailbreak, or can I just upgrade to 4.1 and then run limera1n? I would prefer to just upgrade and jailbreak, as then I don't have to waste time re-syncing all my music from the backed up version. Thanks in advance!
    If you want to unlock, then I would wait until there is a custom IPSW that will preserve your unlock. If you dont care, than yes go ahead and upagrade to 4.1 and jailbreak with limera1n...

When you upgrade you have to resync anyway, so it doesnt matter...
    10-11-2010 09:48 PM
    No interest in unlocking. I will upgrade and jailbreak with limera1n. Re-syncing it is...there are not enough hours in the day. So I can skip restoring the device to original settings? Thanks!
    10-11-2010 09:52 PM
    No interest in unlocking. I will upgrade and jailbreak with limera1n. Re-syncing it is...there are not enough hours in the day. So I can skip restoring the device to original settings? Thanks!
    Yup. Just make sure you backup settings on iphone.

Goes like this:

1. Backup
    2. Upgrade
    3. Restore from backup
    4. Jailbreak
    5. Resync

You can do 3 and 4 in any order but make sure you do both...
    10-11-2010 10:02 PM
    Awesome, thanks for your help!
    10-11-2010 10:25 PM
    just updated to iphone4 ios 4.1, no worky here

limera1n completes its job and nothing is shown on phone, no cydia, no limera1n icon, nothing!!

Tried this about 6 times now, restoring also, makes no difference.
    same thing happens to mine... No limerain... Goes through full jailbreak cycle and even get the done page but nothing on the phone even after rebooting??????
    10-11-2010 10:49 PM
    Yup. Just make sure you backup settings on iphone.

Goes like this:

1. Backup
    2. Upgrade
    3. Restore from backup
    4. Jailbreak
    5. Resync

You can do 3 and 4 in any order but make sure you do both...
    Dumb question...what do you mean by restore from backup??

Also, since I have no intentions of unlocking my iPhone, but I do intend to jailbreak (for the 1st time) I don't need to worry about BB right?
    10-11-2010 11:03 PM

Also, since I have no intentions of unlocking my iPhone, but I do intend to jailbreak (for the 1st time) I don't need to worry about BB right?
    Restore Your iPhone

And BB is useless if you don't want to unlock. I am on AT&T and plan on staying put so the BB change doesn't matter to me.
    Last edited by BrianT; 10-11-2010 at 11:18 PM.
    10-11-2010 11:15 PM

Well I always like being able to unlock my phone incase it comes in handy when I want to sell it, as usually people will pay more for an unlocked phone. If that doesnt mean anything to you, then yeah it doesnt matter.

Restoring from backup is used to restore all your settings and passwords... Resyncing is for your apps, books, music, photos, etc...
    10-11-2010 11:19 PM
    same thing happens to mine... No limerain... Goes through full jailbreak cycle and even get the done page but nothing on the phone even after rebooting??????
    Finally got it working.

Had to have iTunes loaded up while running Limera1n, installed OK with icon then.
    10-11-2010 11:28 PM
253 ... 7891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD