Limera1n released

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
limera1n

Chronic Dev Team goes nuts... They say that Geohot's untether is based on comex's work, but is unstable... Might be smart to just wait and use Dev Teams's JB...

Last edited:
Reactions: morgantm89

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Trusted <removed old version> as the link was removed pending discussion. Not tried the JB myself. Users reporting some difficulties. It's not as easy as click a button and all is done. Talk of putting into DFU mode first, reboots/resprings, and the limera1n app installs Cydia.

Last edited:

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
It was removed because the untether is unstable... I wouldnt use it...

THAT is a matter of much opinion and discussion. One camp says don't use it for those reasons. The other camp suggests the devteam are just bitter with Geohot for releasing, hence all the don't use it comments.

As always, you use a JB method at your own risk!

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
From Comex:

Fine, geohot's release now has my approval, because otherwise everyone would use the initial (pulled) broken version. Ugh.
I don't guarantee limerain will actually work, though. It also doesn't work on Mac/Linux... or iPhone 3G or iPod Touch second gen...

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the download link has been updated on limera1n.com and it is 1kb different in size to the previous download.

Miggs2002

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
tbh for the sake of waiting one more day, i think i will just wait, what is the point of potentially screwing up my phone all so i can JB one day early, I've waited this long, it's not going to kill me lol

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
@Miggs2002 GreenPoison will likely be delayed as a result...

comex
I think @chronicdevteam is changing greenpoison to use the limerain exploit, so we won't waste anything but it might be delayed.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Chris, please remove your mirror as that contains the broken version and not Comex's approved version... Thanks!

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
ffs so i may as well go ahead with the limera1n JB?

is this for sure, if so i will JB tonight, otherwise i will wait

You might want to wait a tiny bit to allow the dust to settle... But my guess is that limera1in will be the only JB for the foreseeable future...

Miggs2002

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
seriously i can wait a day but i don't want to be waiting another month, i have had this ip4 for a few months without a JB and coming from an ip3g with a jb it's killing me not being jb'en, if i jb with limera1n and then a week later the SHAtter/greenpois0n is released can i just restore back to factory settings and then re-jb?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
seriously i can wait a day but i don't want to be waiting another month, i have had this ip4 for a few months without a JB and coming from an ip3g with a jb it's killing me not being jb'en, if i jb with limera1n and then a week later the SHAtter/greenpois0n is released can i just restore back to factory settings and then re-jb?

As long as you use TU to keep your BB as is and your SHSH blobs are saved, yes you can...

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
"@chronicdevteam Hopefully we can get geohot's exploit implemented and release greenpois0n tomorrow, cleaning up the mess he made."

I don't really know what's going on but I do know that I am going to wait and see what the chronicdevteam does. If they don't release I'm still going to wait to hear more reports on how limera1n is working for users.