Hi,

My first time jailbreaking. I have a 3GS. If i restore after jailbreak using the latest version of libera1n, does the jailbreak go away. I mean, is the phone back to as it was before. Sorry for the rookie question. Thanks for your answer.
    Yes, if at any time you restore to stock apple firmware, the iPhone is unjailbroken and indistinguishable from a brand new iPhone.
    10-16-2010 09:57 PM
    If you can normally activate your iPhone through iTunes, Id suggest restoring to stock 4.1 and using greenpois0n as limera1n installs a dynamic library on EVERY phone regardless if they need hactivation or not, which is causing people problems.

If however you do need hactivation, then just stay as is...
    Thanks, but I am not sure what hacktivation is. My phone is activated and it works fine. I just happened to notice that there was a newer version of limera1n that was released since I got the older version a few days ago.

Will this cause problems down the line when a new firmware is released?
    10-16-2010 11:27 PM
    Thanks, but I am not sure what hacktivation is. My phone is activated and it works fine. I just happened to notice that there was a newer version of limera1n that was released since I got the older version a few days ago.

Will this cause problems down the line when a new firmware is released?
    hactivation is for people without a proper sim card to activate the phone. Since you can activate normally, Id go with greenpois0n since limera1n has a sloppy hactivation method that can caused problems for people that dont need it.

No, it wont cause problems with future firmware, as you will have to restore and rejailbreak anyway...
    10-16-2010 11:36 PM
253 ... 91011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD