Jailbreak 4.1 Announced (10/10/10)

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
i don't have enough posts to post links but

chap0nia said maybe tomorrow

Like I said, please only post info from verified devs. chap0nia is no a dev and from the look of his twitter account has no idea...

I doubt it will be released early... If only for the poetic humor of 101010 on 101010

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
To be CLEAR, DO NOT upgrade to 4.1 yet if you ever want to have an unlocked phone, as it will render ultrasn0w useless and there might never be another unlock... There is a safe way to upgrade to 4.1 without upgrading your baseband by using TinyUmbrella. But Id suggest waiting until all the details regarding greenpois0n are released before doing anything more than saving your SHSH for 4.1. Remember if 4.1.1 is released tomorrow and you did not save your SHSH blobs you will be SOL...

Last edited:

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Wait but farbod isn't that saving SHSH/Tiny Umbrella etc stuff for people who have previously had their phone jailbroken?
My IPhone is already upgraded to 4.1, but the whole point of the greenpoison jailbreak is to allow phones on IOs 4.1 to be jailbreak. Right?
Just a little confused, and I also heard from a dew other blogs about this "10/10/10 at 10:10" rumor, don't pay attention to that in my opinion, just pray and wait lol

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
1. You dont have to be JB to save SHSH blobs using TinyUmbrella, being JB just allows Cydia to automatically save them. Id save my SHSH blobs immediately. You never know what Apple will do. They could release 4.1.1 today and stop signing 4.1 and then youd be screwed.

2. 10/10/10 is not a rumor. Its an announced release date by the developers of the Jailbreak.

3. While greenpoison will Jailbreak your phone at 4.1, what if something went wrong or you had to restore in a week without your blobs being saved, youd be SOL and would have to go to 4.1.1 if that what was the current firmware. Why take chances?

4. If you are at 4.1 you have lost the ability to unlock for the foreseeable future...

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Drats. I had myhopes pinned on greenpoison. 3GS 4.0.2. With windows computers, any thoughts on red snow etc?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Drats. I had myhopes pinned on greenpoison. 3GS 4.0.2. With windows computers, any thoughts on red snow etc?

A lot of people are pretty upset that the 3GS got the shaft... You cant blame the devs though, they do the best with what they have to work with...

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Mmm i get what youre saying farbod but not to sound like ive got money flying out my **** but i really want to jailbreak my phone so im going to do so and if something happens, well then i'll just have to get a new Iphone or restore it or whatever!

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
and also, if jailbreaking 4.1 is a bad idea... then is there a way to downgrade?

Its not a bad idea. Its just if you upgraded to 4.1 without using either a custom IPSW or using TinyUmbrella method which keeps your BB firmware at 1.59.00 you will lose the ability to Unlock...

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Yes. Jeopardizing chances of a next gen exploit... Geohot is stroking his ego because he can't take chronic dev team getting all the credit.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
and also, if jailbreaking 4.1 is a bad idea... then is there a way to downgrade?

not a bad idea at all. if you like to customize your device then it's the thing for you, or, if you simply just want to change your text, email & calendar tones then it's a possibility. i know a lot of people who do it for that reason alone

me, i mainly do it for tones, notifications (lockinfo, notifier, popup blocker etc.) better sms features and tethering. items that Apple continues to ignore with every new OS

honestly, you can spend hours tweaking your device

and, as always, you can just restore the device and go back to the boring vanilla version

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox