hey guys sorry i am new to this..my question is

I jailbroke my 3gs 4.0 using jailbreakme.com without any problem but now i accidentaly upgraded to 4.1.

Is this mean it cannot be jailbreak if I have Version 4.1 with a Modem Firmware of 5.14.02?
    10-02-2010 03:31 PM
    Hopefully your SHSH got saved... Download TinyUmbrella to check. If it did, follow these directions and you can downgrade back to 4.0 and rejailbreak....

http://forum.tipb.com/tipbs-next-top...jailbreak.html
    10-02-2010 03:58 PM
    Modern firmware (can't be downgrade) only affects unlocking while JB depends on the OS version. Thus, to JB, you need to downgrade to jailbreakable OS firmware, currently 4.0.1 or below. With 3GS and IP4, you need Saved SHSH files for firmware you want to downgrade to. Question, do you have them saved?
    10-02-2010 03:58 PM
    Modern firmware (can't be downgrade) only affects unlocking while JB depends on the OS version.
    True. You wont be able to unlock your phone until they unlock the most current modem firmware.
    10-02-2010 04:01 PM
    so when i use tinyumbrella to check my shsh..

what version do you have to put?

4.0 << which i used to jailbreak at that time..

or

4.1 << which i have right now?
    10-02-2010 08:42 PM
    so when i use tinyumbrella to check my shsh..

what version do you have to put?

4.0 << which i used to jailbreak at that time..

or

4.1 << which i have right now?
    You save the SHSH of the firmware version you want to downgrade to. Thus, if you want to restore to 4.0, you select / save 4.0 SHSH files
    10-02-2010 08:47 PM
    You save the SHSH of the firmware version you want to downgrade to. Thus, if you want to restore to 4.0, you select / save 4.0 SHSH files
    Right, and while you are at it, save the SHSH of the most current firmware being signed by apple, which right now is 4.1
    10-02-2010 08:54 PM
    ok i did with 4.0 and this is wht it tells me in..

i have taken a pic..

if i can jailbreak..how do i go back to 4.0? n jailbreak..srry newbie in these things..
    10-02-2010 08:56 PM
    Yes you can jailbreak. Follow the second part of the instructions in my link above...
    10-02-2010 09:09 PM
    hey thank you so much..i have got it back to 4.0

last time i used jailbreakme.com...

what is the best jailbreak me softwear on ur mind?

thanks once again for taking time out to help me..cheers
    10-02-2010 09:44 PM
    hey thank you so much..i have got it back to 4.0

last time i used jailbreakme.com...

what is the best jailbreak me softwear on ur mind?

thanks once again for taking time out to help me..cheers
    Jailbreakme.com is you only option on official 4.0 firmware.
    10-02-2010 09:53 PM
    after i jailbreak..is der any steps i need to take to prevent easier jailbreak next time if i make mistake again n update it to next version?

also is der any way to downgrad to 3.1.3? i see video's on youtube..i had like you ask you guys den follow something like that n mess up everything
    10-02-2010 11:07 PM
    after i jailbreak..is der any steps i need to take to prevent easier jailbreak next time if i make mistake again n update it to next version?

also is der any way to downgrad to 3.1.3? i see video's on youtube..i had like you ask you guys den follow something like that n mess up everything
    Keep saving your SHSH files for each firmware that comes out. This allows you to always downgrade to jailbreakable firmware. And, can't remember exactly, but either check or uncheck "Don't remind me of update..." in iTunes. That way, there's no way you would accidentally update once a new firmware is release.

If you want to downgrade to 3.1.3, do samething you did going to 4.0 with Tinyumbrella.
    10-02-2010 11:26 PM
    hey..thanks

in order for me to go down to 3.1.3..i need to save shsh right? i tried saving it said " CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone3GS 3.1.3 (7E18) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE. "

so i guess i can not go down? or i can still download 3.1.3 restore n follow those 2 steps from the link?
    10-02-2010 11:56 PM
    hey..thanks

in order for me to go down to 3.1.3..i need to save shsh right? i tried saving it said " CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone3GS 3.1.3 (7E18) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE. "

so i guess i can not go down? or i can still download 3.1.3 restore n follow those 2 steps from the link?
    Yes. You can't downgrade to a firmware you don't have SHSH files saved for. Thus, no 3.1.3 SHSH files saved means no to downgrading to 3.1.3 firmware.
    10-03-2010 12:47 AM
    aww thats sad

anyways i jailbroke my ph via jailbreakme

cydia has been installed..m trying to get progs i had last time...i tried downloading winterboard n doesnt install...tells me some modifications needed

such as mobile substrate pincrush winterboard...

what do i do now?
    10-03-2010 09:28 AM
    aww thats sad

anyways i jailbroke my ph via jailbreakme

cydia has been installed..m trying to get progs i had last time...i tried downloading winterboard n doesnt install...tells me some modifications needed

such as mobile substrate pincrush winterboard...

what do i do now?
    You let cydia do the essential updates when you first opened it.

THEN do winterboard etc
    10-03-2010 11:09 AM
    yea i had to go to changes in cydia n refresh it so the database does the updates..n den it had no probz.

ty
    10-03-2010 11:27 AM
    hey guys...

i have another probs on ma hand...my iphone wont come out of sofe mode..

i mean its ntg new..sometimes some apps wont work with ur ph n it goes to safe mode...so i mostly remove the last app/theme i installed n it works...this time it doesnt..

i went to cydia..sections...T.M widgets...n installed homescreen 2.0...n it went to safe mode..so i removed dat widget...n still ph doesnt come out of safe mode.. any help?
    10-05-2010 10:55 PM
    [QUOTE=farbod21;1624997]Hopefully your SHSH got saved... Download TinyUmbrella to check. If it did, follow these directions and you can downgrade back to 4.0 and rejailbreak....

{removed url because of post count.}

what if you haven't jb your phone at all and are currently running 4.1. Is it possible to downgrade to 4.0.1 and then jailbreak the phone?

sorry if the question has already been answered elsewhere but this seems like the most current and relatvie thread.
    10-07-2010 03:15 PM
    You must have saved your 4.0.1 SHSH blobs on the Cydia Server while Apple was signing them (Before 4.0.2 was released). Either by being JB previously and having Cydia save them or by doing it via TinyUmbrella. If you have not done either step, you will not be able to downgrade.
    FamilyGuy04 likes this.
    10-07-2010 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD