Hie everyone, I need your advise please. I bought a new iPhone from vodafone uk, actually I bought two, a 16 and 32 gig. Now I was surprised to findout, I was actually able, to jailbreak, and unlock, the 32gig, cause it came with 4.01, however, the 16gig, came, with 4.1. Now my wife decided she wanted to put some music,on my already jailbroken iPhone, and yea yea, she updated the software, to 4.1, just wasn't sure whether, to laugh or cry. Now in cydia, I had my shsh saved, but now the confusing part, because, am not actually sure, if I can downgrade, because I read somewhere, the information which says, even though my shsh, might now be saved on cydia, it will not necessarily, be for the old 4.01, software, so I might not be able to restore, which isn't making any sense, and even though,I know for a fact, my shsh, was saved on cydia, i didn't check,to see what version. So my question, is can I still go back, to 4.0.1, even though,am not really sure what shsh iOS, is on cydia. I hope what M saying makes sense.
    10-02-2010 11:02 AM
    Download and run Tinyumbrella:
    1) Make sure you Iphone is detected.
    2) check "Advanced Options."
    3) In new window, under "Device / Version," select the firmware version you want to restore to.
    4) Click on "Save my SHSH." Pray Cydia has them. If you don't get an error, it has been saved onto your computer.
    5) Repeat to save other firmware hashes if you wish.
    6) Now, click on "Display SHSHs." It should listed all hashes you have saved on your computer and the firmware you can restore with. If it's not there, you can't restore to it.
    7) Start "TSS server," download official firmware file somewhere (google) and restore through iTunes with that file.
    8) If you phone get stuck during the restore process, try "Kick out of recovery..."'in Tinyumbrella.
    9) JB your phone by whichever method / software available for that firmware.
    marvi0 likes this.
    10-02-2010 11:38 AM
    Ok thanks for your reply, much appreciated, so jus to get this right I can use this tiny umbrella, even though, the previously jailbroken iPhone, is now on iOS 4.1, cause as I have already mentioned, I did save my shsh on cydia, but the wife updated, it to 4.1, so can I still follow your instructions, on using tiny umbrella, even though,am now on the new 4.1 please.
    10-02-2010 11:45 AM
    Ok thanks for your reply, much appreciated, so jus to get this right I can use this tiny umbrella, even though, the previously jailbroken iPhone, is now on iOS 4.1, cause as I have already mentioned, I did save my shsh on cydia, but the wife updated, it to 4.1, so can I still follow your instructions, on using tiny umbrella, even though,am now on the new 4.1 please.
    Yes. I wouldn't have post it if you couldn't. Follow the instructions exactly to downgrade.
    10-02-2010 11:48 AM
    Thanks very much matey, let me go get this tiny umb.
    10-02-2010 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD