Why does Activator lack options from the LockScreen ?

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
All I want out of Activator is tap something to get my Cydia flashlight to pop up since I have it hidden. Which was easy and done. And the 2nd thing I want is to be able to launch Contacts or Keypad from the Lockscreen using the homebutton. Since the home button does nothing from the lockscreen.

So do I have any options on doing this?

Thanks
Josh

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Why dont you add springflash and a springflash toggle to sbsettings. THats what I use. Really quick and easy. You can even use in activator on the lockscreen.

The only option I know of is using one of the lockscreen contact apps which adds a few contacts to your lockscreen page... Nothing through activator though...

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Oh I already have the flashlight how I want it. So I don't need springflash or springflash toggle. I wanted it quicker than having to swipe the sbsettings. I have my flashlight set to come on when I double tap the status bar via Activator. Thanks though. I have Lockinfo but don't really want contacts or anything on my homescreen. I just want to use the home button since its easy and doesn't use anything. I'm just wondering why Activator doesn't give us many options from the lockscreen like it does from the homescreen. Whats the name of the lockscreen apps you're refering about? Any bugs in those apps?

Josh

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Oh I already have the flashlight how I want it. So I don't need springflash or springflash toggle. I wanted it quicker than having to swipe the sbsettings. I have my flashlight set to come on when I double tap the status bar via Activator. Thanks though. I have Lockinfo but don't really want contacts or anything on my homescreen. I just want to use the home button since its easy and doesn't use anything. I'm just wondering why Activator doesn't give us many options from the lockscreen like it does from the homescreen. Whats the name of the lockscreen apps you're refering about? Any bugs in those apps?

Josh

Well springflash is available by activator as well, even on the lockscreen.

I dont use lockscreen aps, Ive only seen them on cydia so I couldnt give you any experiences there. What you could do is use biteSMS. It has an option to bring up a quick reply window in the lockscreen which u can use to pick a contact and then hit the call button... Works pretty well actually...

I also use snappy (camera app) though which works from my lockscreen if I hold the home button for a second...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I really wish I could use Activator more at the lockscreen too, mostly for the camera. I might have to try Snappy now that it's been updated for the iP4 (did he ever add library access?) but it would be easier for me if I could just launch the native camera.

The biteSMS workaround for calls works great except if you use a pass code--then, you'll still need to enter your PIN before it will place the call.

Maybe you could ask the dev via his Twitter? He's @rpetrich

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Well springflash is available by activator as well, even on the lockscreen.

QUOTE]

I understand that. Your not getting what I'm saying. I already have a flashlight activated through activator. I don't need another one, lol.

But back to the thing where I want a way to activate contacts from the lockscreen. I decided to just go ahead and download "SwitcherPlus" its free and pretty helpful. Not exactly what I was looking for but it helps without adding a bunch of stuff to my lockscreen. SwitcherPlus if some of you aren't familiar with it. It gives your lockscreen multitasking just like the homescreen. Just double click the home button and there it is. I also went ahead and downloaded multitasking 5 icon dock.

But anyone knows of something out there that will let me use the home button on the lockscreen to activate contacts or the keypad let me know.

Thanks
Josh

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2