Jailbreaking::Help me understand this...

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
So, I'm waiting for the new jailbreak to become available. It will be the first time I've jailbroken an iPhone. After listening to your advice, I understand that I am supposed to back up my SHSH files prior to jailbreaking (right?). So if I understand correctly, when I use Cydia, I will have the option to "Make My Life Easier" and the program will automatically backup those files, (right?). So prior to rushing into the new jailbreak, when it becomes available, backing up my SHSH blobs is all I need to do to cover my butt? Or is there more I need to know about the process?

I've tried my hardest to follow along with the other posts concerning the jailbreak process and the steps that should be taken. However, I would be lying if I said that I completely follow what is being discussed. Obviously, right?

I truly appreciate your advice and wisdom. This forum is a huge part of my iPhone learning process.

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Just thought of another question...Is Cydia an application that you download prior to jailbreaking your phone and that is how it is jailbroken? Or after your phone is jailbroken, cydia will appear on your phone?

I'm sorry for what may seem like elementary questions to veteran jailbreakers. I'm late to the jailbreak party and just trying to understand.

Thanks so much for that tutorial.

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
carry on with the spam lovestuff and it will get you banned! If you haven't got anything helpful to say on the topic, then don't comment!

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I think you'll find out jailbreaking is easier than you think it'll be. The last good jailbreak was simple as going to jailbreakme.com and sliding your finger across a screen to do the process, than wait 3-5 minutes and your phone is jailbroken. Cydia is downloaded and you go there like Itunes and play. You will see when you actually do it how easy and USER FRIENDLY it is. From applications to themes using Winterboard. Send me a pm when you jailbreak and I'll give you a quick tutorials of jailbroken must have apps and winterboard.

Josh

Miggs2002

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
hang on, if i read that right, you currently have a phone that is NOT jailbroken, correct?

when the jailbreak for 4.1 is out that will be the first JB you have ever done, correct?

if the answer to both of the above are yes, then please read carefully

1st you need to upgrade to 4.1 (if not already done) via iTunes
2nd you need to JailBreak the iPhone
3rd one the iPhone has re-booted you will see 2 additions in your app's on the phone, one is Cydia one is Winterboard
4th go into Cydia and when you first open it, it should give you the option to "make my life easier" select this and it will automatically save you SHSH's

now just enjoy your JB iPhone

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
hang on, if i read that right, you currently have a phone that is NOT jailbroken, correct?

when the jailbreak for 4.1 is out that will be the first JB you have ever done, correct?

if the answer to both of the above are yes, then please read carefully

1st you need to upgrade to 4.1 (if not already done) via iTunes
2nd you need to JailBreak the iPhone
3rd one the iPhone has re-booted you will see 2 additions in your app's on the phone, one is Cydia one is Winterboard
4th go into Cydia and when you first open it, it should give you the option to "make my life easier" select this and it will automatically save you SHSH's

now just enjoy your JB iPhone

You can use TU as well, even without being JB. You will need to save your SHSH locally at some point anyway, so you might as well just do it now...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner