IPhone 3Gs Activation (AT&T)?

ginnz

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

just a quick question here, a couple weeks ago, i acquired an IPhone 3gs, that was activated, but locked to at&t, anyways, as being a complete noob, and never owning an iphone, or ipod touch, i jailbroke it on jailbreakme.com, and then put the phone in DFU mode to check the baseband, to see if it was unlockable (its not, new baseband), anyways, after i could not start the phone, and id never backed it up first, so i had to update it via i tunes..... then it started up and now it locked, stuck to the activation/emergency screen.

i bought a phonebook sim, but it didnt work to activate the device, they closed the hole already on that.....

so, what do i need to activate the phone (not unlock, or jailbreak), just activate? is all i need is a AT&T sim card? does it need to be activated(the sim), or would any at&t sim card work?

and if so, does anyone have one they would wany to trade for a new phonebook sim? or sell?

BTW- since then ive bought a used 3g, and backed it up (right away) jailbroke it (cydia saved shsh hash and all) and unlocked it to work on Rogers Network here in Canada, and its all fine, i learned my lesson.... ;-)

please advise asap!

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
just go to AT&T and say your (insert family member here) gave you the phone and they should give you the activated sim (provided you have a contract) for $10...

best of luck

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods