Hello,
    I first would like to say, what an amazing site this is, I have done a lot of great reading and have learned so much more than what I thought I knew about my Ipod touch 3G over the last few days. But I'm still somewhat confused, I currently own a Ipod Touch 3G 64GB, which I have jailbroken using Spirit (I'm not very tech savvy, which drew me to Spirit), I'm currently still on version 3.1.3---yikes I know.I know by updating I will lose my JB, but I've been waiting for the JB version for IOS 4.1 to finally be released in order to finally update my device. I've been reading how Greenpois0n is supposed to be releasing the new JB version, my question is, will I be able to re-jailbreak my Ipod Touch 3G with Greenpois0n after I update it to the new IOS 4.1?
    Thank you all for your help..
    09-22-2010 09:08 AM
    currently if you upgrade your IOS to 4.1 you will not be able to jailbreak. One is currently in the works but as far as im aware there only in betas (very unstable)

If you want to keep your jailbreak i recommend sticking with IOS 3.x.x till there is an official release of a new jailbreak

if your lucky one of the jailbreak sites cached 4.0.1 (or lower ) so you can move up to that and then use jailbreakmedotcom to rejailbreak

so yeah... good luck
    Last edited by Slyfi; 09-22-2010 at 10:22 AM. Reason: trying to figure things out
    09-22-2010 10:13 AM
    thank you for the quick reply...

I should have asked this too, but, if and when I do update my Ipod Touch 3G to IOS 4.1-providing if there is a JB released for this IOS and if the bootrom falls in line with the JB, will it matter if I would be using the JB on the Ipod Touch 3G and not the new 4G Touch?
    09-22-2010 12:17 PM
    It shouldn't there will be a separate jailbreak file made for the 3G then for the 4g but that's just a minor technicality and there will probably be a jb for iOS 4.1 on the 3G then the 4g
    09-22-2010 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD