power button not working, can't get into recovery or dfu

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
ANy tricks to get it into those modes? Phone was "reset" but it froze on apple symbol. I have recboot but won't do anything to it. Any other programs out there that might kick it when it is trying to boot? its a 3g

ElliotGraham

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
give the phone a '2 finger solute' basically hold the home and apple button for upwards of 20seconds and it should force it to boot, if not, do it whilst plugged in and you'll be able to restore, it won't be in dfu but it will be recognisable by iTunes, if all of that fails there is an app that i can't remember the name of but its something like 'recboot'. Other then that you could try apps that hacktivate the device. That sometimes works for me :)

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
give the phone a '2 finger solute' basically hold the home and apple button for upwards of 20seconds and it should force it to boot,

There is no "apple button" on an iPhone but you probably meant the power button and home button, but as I said my power button doesnt work so doing this is impossible.

if not, do it whilst plugged in and you'll be able to restore, it won't be in dfu but it will be recognisable by iTunes,

itunes doesnt recognize the phone because its stuck in boot/reset mode.

if all of that fails there is an app that i can't remember the name of but its something like 'recboot'.

I already said I have that and it wont work for my phone.

Other then that you could try apps that hacktivate the device. That sometimes works for me

And what are these apps called?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh