Caught someone mentioning this on Twitter:
    SHAtter Jailbreak: Jailbreak iOS 4.1, 4.2, and ABOVE for LIFE

I'm assuming this is the bootrom/firmware exploit mentioned last week.

09-14-2010 10:36 PM
    if only the cat and mouse game would end for life, that would be news!
    09-14-2010 10:57 PM
    if only the cat and mouse game would end for life, that would be news!
    If it's the exploit that GeoHot discovered then yes it would be.
    09-14-2010 11:18 PM
    If it's the exploit that GeoHot discovered then yes it would be.
    only untill iphone 5 with that exploit though right?
    09-15-2010 12:21 AM
    I don't think we'll see the jb for a long time, if it was so easy I think it would be out already, the jb for 4.0 didn't come out for over 5 weeks since 4.0 came out, so don't get your hopes up.

I wish it would come out asap since my proximity sensor is driving me nuts..
    09-15-2010 03:25 AM
    I heard that its a tethered jailbreak, which means that every time you reeboot your phone or power it off, you will have to re-jb it. If this is the case then I will not bother and stay on 4.0.1 or at least until an untethered jb is found. Don't want the bloody hassle of having to connect it to my pc/laptop everytime it goes off!
    09-15-2010 03:41 AM
    Its a different type of JB redbeard. The last one was a pdf exploit and this one is a bootrom exploit. Last one was a totally different iOS series, this is a much smaller update. Im guessing in a week or two max. Also, as stated above, this will only work until new hardware is issued. Hence I believe the exploit will be patched up when iphone 5 is released.

As far as it being tethered or not, from what I understand, it is already at the tethered stage, what they are currently working on is making it untethered.
    Last edited by farbod21; 09-15-2010 at 03:44 AM.
    09-15-2010 03:41 AM
    Im guessing in a week or two max.
    i hope it's sooner, i got mine with 4.0.2 on and i need it asap it's killing me without lol

Also, as stated above, this will only work until new hardware is issued. Hence I believe the exploit will be patched up when iphone 5 is released.
    will this not be patched up in the "delayed" white ip4, i think it's very convenient that it's been held back

As far as it being tethered or not, from what I understand, it is already at the tethered stage, what they are currently working on is making it untethered.
    this to is the way i am understanding it at the moment, i think i saw this info on twiiter, possibly
    09-15-2010 06:11 AM

Well then if it becomes available when it's untethered i'd deffo consider it.
    09-15-2010 07:54 AM
    I heard that its a tethered jailbreak, which means that every time you reboot your phone or power it off, you will have to re-jb it. If this is the case then I will not bother and stay on 4.0.1 or at least until an untethered jb is found. Don't want the bloody hassle of having to connect it to my pc/laptop everytime it goes off!
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. I don't want to have to re-JB my phone every time I reboot it. Way too much hassle.
    09-15-2010 04:33 PM
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. I don't want to have to re-JB my phone every time I reboot it. Way too much hassle.
    I think they are working on making this untethered, that's what I've heard from another iPhone forum.

So if this happens to be the case and I've interpreted the info correctly, then I will be updating to 4.1 and jailbreaking again, because I really missed my Jailbreak when I was on 4.0 before the Jailbreakme was realeased.
    09-16-2010 07:08 AM
    pod2g posted this picture on his twitter account.

"Hey, @p0sixninja 's epic greenpois0n works well on iPhone 4G ! (need to work on the framebuffer code tho ! )
    4:54 PM Sep 12th via Twitpic"

What am I looking at?
    09-16-2010 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD