For us Ios4 guys. Has WeatherIcon been fixed yet. Seems this cydia/rock app was the last to get worked on for the new OS.

Thanks
    Josh
    09-07-2010 06:34 PM
    09-07-2010 08:12 PM
    Thanks. With the update being yesterday has to be one of the last popular jailbroken apps to be updated for Ios 4 and later
    09-07-2010 08:15 PM
    BTW I read somewhere that the badges might be troublesome (safe mode crash)...not sure if that's been sorted in the latest release. I think the last two I was wondering about were Snappy (now updated but missing some features like album view from lock screen) and dockflow (I don't think that was ever updated, was it?)

We should start a list of what might still need updating. I think the google docs chart has been kind of neglected...
    09-07-2010 10:26 PM
    yay, been waiting for this JB app to get updated. next I hope to see LiveClock working on iOS 4.
    09-08-2010 01:15 PM
    anyone else having issues with the status bar temp. and icon not showing up? I have them enabled in the settings and nothing is appearing in the
    status bar. I also have NO themes running at all.
    09-08-2010 02:54 PM
    anyone else having issues with the status bar temp. and icon not showing up? I have them enabled in the settings and nothing is appearing in the
    status bar. I also have NO themes running at all.
    Yes, I've tried everything I can think of and it doesn't show up anymore, it was working fine until the update last weekend, and none of the seemingly daily updates have fixed the statusbar temp/icon.
    09-08-2010 05:34 PM
    I read elsewhere that we need "Status bar weather" (?) app from cydia. I am just not sure why since WeatherIcon has the settings for status bar built into the app and there is no mention from Ashman about needing this other tweak. I also didn't need that tweak when I was iOS 3.1.
    09-08-2010 06:18 PM
    Yes, I've tried everything I can think of and it doesn't show up anymore, it was working fine until the update last weekend, and none of the seemingly daily updates have fixed the statusbar temp/icon.
    The icon will change for other apps such as Weather bee or such, but not the apple weather app. Weird, huh? I shouldn't have updated!
    09-08-2010 07:12 PM
    I downloaded weathericon after I read this post reply yesterday. Its worked perfectly for me. And I've tried all the options. Status bar temp and image and icon temp and image. Everything seems to be AOK
    09-08-2010 07:33 PM
    The icon works fine, but I cannot get the status bar temp to work either.
    09-08-2010 07:59 PM
    The icon will change for other apps such as Weather bee or such, but not the apple weather app. Weird, huh? I shouldn't have updated!
    Well my Apple weather icon still themes fine, it's just the statusbar temp and image that stopped working, don't know what's going on! Wish I hadn't updated either!:o
    09-08-2010 10:07 PM
    The status bar icon works in landscape mode
    09-08-2010 10:22 PM
    The latest update fixed the the statusbar temp and icon, and no, it did not work in landscape mode for me.
    09-09-2010 12:32 PM
    How do I get the newest version? I dowloaded it originally from Rock but I have now checked both Rock and Cydia and there are no updates available. Does Ashman have his own repo that I need to add?
    09-09-2010 12:39 PM
    How do I get the newest version? I dowloaded it originally from Rock but I have now checked both Rock and Cydia and there are no updates available. Does Ashman have his own repo that I need to add?
    Should be in the ModMyI repo. Current version is 2.4.0.17.
    09-09-2010 01:45 PM
    That is the version I currently have which came out a few days ago. I am having issues with the status bar with this version so it looks like he did not fix it.

I thought you were saying that a newer version came out today that addressed this issue as others are having the same issue with 2.4.0.17.

I am sure he is working on a fix.
    09-09-2010 01:50 PM
    From the dev's Twitter:

If you running weathericon and don't see the status bar images or temp, check to make sure you have libstatusbar installed in cydia.
    about 5 hours ago via Osfoora for iPhone
    Stimpy5050
    David Ashman
    09-09-2010 02:26 PM
    Thanks Massie! I will do that tonight!
    09-09-2010 04:15 PM
    From the dev's Twitter:

If you running weathericon and don't see the status bar images or temp, check to make sure you have libstatusbar installed in cydia.
    about 5 hours ago via Osfoora for iPhone
    Stimpy5050
    David Ashman
    All of my weathericon options are working fine. I have Libweather installed but not libstatusbar unless thats installed with libweather. But again guys having problems. Make sure you have version 2.4.0.17. If the status bar images and temp aren't working for you guys. I would remove and than install it again.
    09-09-2010 06:45 PM
    Worked! Thanks again Massie!

Weird that it wasn't a pre-requisite download/install for WeatherIcon. Happy I got it back and thankful for the io4.0 update.
    09-09-2010 07:08 PM
    I think he said it was an oversight on his part that it wasn't included in the last update, and would be from now on. Libstatusbar is a good package to have for other apps anyway...for instance, it's what got Notifier working on iOS4.
    09-09-2010 11:42 PM
    WeatherIcon seems to work to some degree on the iPad.

[FIXED IN Sept 10th update]: The status bar temp works fine, but the icon displays a bit oversized and does not reflect the correct weather conditions (mine was stuck on "sunny").

The actual SpringBoard Icon replacement does not work at all, with either iPhone-specific apps running on the iPad (it will not replace the iPhone Weather Channel app icon). Since I am unsure what the specific bundle identifiers for the iPad-specific Weather apps are, I cannot test those to see if the icon gets replaced.

On a side note, I would really like to see more jailbreak apps that change/replace/update the SpringBoard icons. Perhaps one that replaces the Stocks app icon with a semi-live graph of a specific stock, or one that adds special notification icons to the Calendar app (like a little gift box for birthdays, etc).
    Last edited by macharborguy; 09-10-2010 at 04:02 PM.
    09-10-2010 03:57 PM
    Can someone tell me how to set up weather icon? i have everything enabled/show whatever, but still it will not go in my status bar just the weather app has a badge all the time... I watched videos and everything but i it will not work for me. trying on iphone 4, 4.1 jb limera1n
    10-16-2010 06:51 PM
    I just installed this app and get a message saying I need to install libstatusbar, go to Cydia and install it. I have done a search in Cydia, and libstatusbar does not show up for me. Any suggestions?
    11-13-2010 03:18 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD