Go to 3.0 to 4.0.1? Iphone 3GS

Nazu17

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi, i have my iphone 3gs that is on the firmware 3.0 right now. I wanted to know if it is way to upgrade it to 4.0 or 4.0.1 . Because i know that if i upgrade to 4.0.2 i cant jailbreak or unlock it anymore.

Thx for ur helps

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Do you have SHSH hashes save for 4.0 or 4.0.1?

If yes, download and run Tinyumbrella:
1) Make sure you Iphone is detected.
2) check "Advanced Options."
3) In new window, under "Device / Version," select 4.0.1 firmware.
4) Click on "Save my SHSH." Pray Cydia has them. If you don't get an error, it has been saved onto your computer.
5) Repeat to save other firmware hashes if you wish.
6) Now, click on "Display SHSHs." It should listed all hashes you have saved on your computer and the firmware version you can downgrade to.
7) Start "TSS server" and restore through iTunes with the downloaded firmware file (google) you can downgrade to in step #6.
8) If you phone get stuck during restore, trying "Kick out of recovery..."'in Tinyumbrella.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
what is exactly the SHSH haches?

Apple's security check so you can only install firmware they are currently signing = allowing, now 4.0.2. Thus, if you wish to install older firmware, you need to save those SHSH hashes when Apple was still signing / providing them. And, SHSH hashes are unique to each iPhone.

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Apple's security check so you can only install firmware they are currently signing = allowing, now 4.0.2. Thus, if you wish to install older firmware, you need to save those SHSH hashes when Apple was still signing / providing them. And, SHSH hashes are unique to each iPhone.

If they are jailbroken on 3.0 and have hit the make my life easier button they should have shsh's on file for 3.0 up to 4.0.2, but ONLY IF you clicked that button

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
If they are jailbroken on 3.0 and have hit the make my life easier button they should have shsh's on file for 3.0 up to 4.0.2, but ONLY IF you clicked that button

Depends on when they click on "Make life easier..." If they click it right his instant, it will only save 4.0.2. Once again, you can save only wait Apple is sending out.

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Depends on when they click on "Make life easier..." If they click it right his instant, it will only save 4.0.2. Once again, you can save only wait Apple is sending out.

you dont understand what i meant.

My ip4, i clicked it on 4.0.1 (shipped with this) so it has my shsh
i have never had 4.0.2 on it but cydia has cached my shsh for it (says it up top on the device in the cydia app)

If they had clicked it, its possible it has a slew of shsh's backed up to cydia

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
you dont understand what i meant.

My ip4, i clicked it on 4.0.1 (shipped with this) so it has my shsh
i have never had 4.0.2 on it but cydia has cached my shsh for it (says it up top on the device in the cydia app)

If they had clicked it, its possible it has a slew of shsh's backed up to cydia

I fully understood what said, but are not listening to what I said. You could buy a used 3GS today with 3.0 firmware, JB it, "Make my life easier" and it would only be able to save 4.0.2 SHSH hashes. That's why I said "Depends on when..."

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2