This must be a rare question...

Knightbringr

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
After an hour of searching, I'm tired of trying to find the answer to this on google.

Ok... long story short. How do I rollback a spanking, brand-new, fresh-out-of-the-box iphone 4 32gb from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 before I restore my backup from iTunes on it. I'm upgrading from a 4 16gb, but I've never jailbroken that phone although I was looking forward to jailbreaking the new one with jailbreakme when the new phone came in and the new freakin phone came in the mail with 4.0.2!!! :mad:

I don't want to sync my iTunes yet because I figured it would be easier to rollback the iOS with an "empty" phone.

This site won't let me post links yet b/c I'm new but on youtube "Downgrade iPhone & iPod Touch 4.0.2 Firmware" by koi2281 he suggests some ideas.

This seems like the way I will have to do it but everywhere I look (including the video above) everyone talks about making sure you have Cydia SHSH's backed up and stuff like that which I don't need to worry about because it's a completely blank phone and I had never jailbroken the one I had.

Basically... please tell me what's the easiest way for me to downgrade my iOS?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There is no way to roll back a brand new fresh out of the box iPhone 4. You are stuck at 4.0.2 for now.