Hello Folks

Was wondering if anyone is experiencing similar problems to myself, i am using cydia on a jailbroken 3G, this may or may not be related to my issue but i though it would be worth a mention. im running iphone version 3.1.3. I have several apps which i am looking to erase from my iphone, some because i dont use them, some becuase theyve stopped functioning correctly, the ones which dont work correctly usually just quit the app after a few secs.

I have tried the method of removal via holding down on the screen and clicking the cross, but the app later reappears which i beleve is caused by itunes, however i know for a fact this is also happening sometimes without me connecting to itunes via a usb cable to my pc. Ive also checked itunes itself and it does not list half of my apps, only a few in fact. These are also not apps which ive used cydia to install. My itunes isnt the latest version, for some reason whenever i ask itunes to update itself it seems to take a very long time to download what it tells me is 14 megs worth of data.

Any opinions / help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    MJ.
    08-28-2010 06:22 PM
    If you installed the app through Cydia :
    1. Open Cydia
    2. Manage
    3. Packages
    4. Find the App you want to delete or modify
    5. Highlight it.
    6. click... Modify
    7. Delete or reload
    BAM...

If you installed them through iTunes... simply delete from your Library and remove from iPhone...
    BAM...
    08-29-2010 12:29 PM
    IgoSlo

Thanks for your reply, as mentioned though these are apps which i havent installed via cydia, and Itunes only picks up several of the apps, in actual fact it can only see 2 of my apps, so i cannot remove them because i cannot see them-to remove them.

I downloaded Iphone PC suite about an hour ago though and that could see the apps, and i could remove them - though im guessing ill need to do something in itunes to prevent it from doing its usual crazy stuff.
    08-29-2010 12:46 PM
    IgoSlo

Thanks for your reply, as mentioned though these are apps which i havent installed via cydia, and Itunes only picks up several of the apps, in actual fact it can only see 2 of my apps, so i cannot remove them because i cannot see them-to remove them.

I downloaded Iphone PC suite about an hour ago though and that could see the apps, and i could remove them - though im guessing ill need to do something in itunes to prevent it from doing its usual crazy stuff.
    multiple itunes accounts?
    08-29-2010 02:13 PM
    That's what it sounds like !!! mjackman, have you been the ONLY owner of this iPhone? Either way you should still be able to delete them off iTunes. Just DON'T TRANSFER from iPhone to iTunes... BAM...
    Last edited by IGoSlo; 08-29-2010 at 06:40 PM.
    08-29-2010 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD