3Gs sent in for repair.......BIG BUMMER!!!

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
So I sent my 3Gs into apple for two reasons 1. I was having sim card issues with the phone and 2. I was getting lots of dust behind the glass. I got the email yesterday that my product was received by Apple. I had my 3Gs jailbroken on 4.0.1 with SHSH's backed up for 3.1.3, 4.0 and 4.0.1. I was hoping Apple would just replace the screen and fix the sim issue so that I could downgrade back to 4.0.1 and rejailbreak. Well, just got the email from Apple and they just replaced the phone rather than fix it. So now I am back to waiting for a new jailbreak. BUMMER!

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
Maybe not.

They usually don't fix any phone they get. Just check for issues covered under warranty, and if it does, they send out a refurb. They have boxes and boxes of refurbs some with 4.0, some with 4.0.1, and I would imagine some with 4.0.2. They are not going to go and unbox and update the firmware on (what I assume is) thousands of 4.0 and 4.0.1 devices. So you could definitely get a jailbreakable phone. If you do get a 4.0.2, make sure you use tinyumbrella to check if it has shah blobs on file, could get luck that way.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I got the phone back yesterday and you were right. It came with iOS 4.0.1, so I was able rejailbreak and restore my app and backup. Not to mention my phone looks brand new again with out a single scratch on it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen