I'm trying to upgrade to jailbreakable 4.0.1. Upgrading through iTunes will force an update to 4.0.2, on which you cannot jailbreak.

My old bootrom 3GS 3.1.2 is currently jailbroken (via blackra1n). How can I do this?
    08-26-2010 03:08 PM
    I'm trying to upgrade to jailbreakable 4.0.1. Upgrading through iTunes will force an update to 4.0.2, on which you cannot jailbreak.

My old bootrom 3GS 3.1.2 is currently jailbroken (via blackra1n). How can I do this?
    You cant. Apple isnt signing 4.0.1 anymore so your choices are stay where you are or upgrade to 4.0.2 and be locked again

EDIT**

blackrain isnt a "pwned" jailbreak so you cant use that method either.
    08-26-2010 03:55 PM
    You cant. Apple isnt signing 4.0.1 anymore so your choices are stay where you are or upgrade to 4.0.2 and be locked again

EDIT**

What do you mean blackra1n isn't a "pwned" jailbreak?

If the OP has saved SHSH for the device he can update to 4.0.1 using Cydia or TinyUmbrella to authorize the install.
    08-26-2010 04:02 PM
    big9erfan:

This is exactly the question that I pm'd you earlier (and thanks for the quick reply). I do have all the "blobs" stored on Cydia.

Jailbreakme.com vs. Snowbreeze (or whatever it's called)?

Which version of iTunes?

Etc, etc, etc.

Thanks.
    08-26-2010 06:09 PM
    If the OP has saved SHSH for the device he can update to 4.0.1 using Cydia or TinyUmbrella to authorize the install.
    Well he sure didnt specify this in his orig post, but if hes been saving shsh's without upgrading, going to 4.0.1>jb>saurik's patch is the best route
    08-27-2010 11:13 AM

EDIT**

i have an 3gs, that i would like to also update to only 4.0.1 how can I go about saving the blobs etc so I dont get stuck with 4.0.2? and is this possible if I erased all setting and data off my iphone already?
    Last edited by Forbes; 08-28-2010 at 09:45 AM.
    08-28-2010 09:29 AM
    noone cant help me with this?
    08-28-2010 09:59 PM
    i have an 3gs, that i would like to also update to only 4.0.1 how can I go about saving the blobs etc so I dont get stuck with 4.0.2? and is this possible if I erased all setting and data off my iphone already?
    You can only save SHSH blobs when Apple was signing them. Now, Apple is only signing 4.0.2, and thus, that's the only version you can saved. Blobs aren't saved on your phone so erase all content doesn't do anything with them.

To save SHSH blobs or see what you have saved, install and run Tinyumbrella (phone doesn't need to be JB):
    1) Make sure you Iphone is detected.
    2) check "Advanced Options."
    3) In new window, under "Device / Version," select whatever firmware you wish to try to save.
    4) Click on "Save my SHSH." Pray Cydia has them. If you don't get an error, the SHSH hash was saved onto your computer.
    5) Repeat to save other firmware hashes.
    6) Now, click on "Display SHSHs." It should listed all hashes you have saved onto your computer.
    Last edited by myzhi; 08-28-2010 at 11:14 PM.
    08-28-2010 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD