Problems downgrading from iOS4

migo

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I've got an iPod touch 2G non-MC model. I had it jailbroken on 3.1.2 with redsn0w and thought I'd try iOS 4, updated and jailbroke that. iOS 4 caused me many problems, so I've tried to downgrade with no success - strangely I'm getting 3194 errors a lot despite having a non-MC model. Unfortunately I was doing a lot of the attempts with recovery mode instead of DFU, but I did finally get it into DFU and the outcome was the same.

I'm running Windows 7, currently have iTunes 9.2.1 installed, although evidently something's missing as RecBoot was asking for asl.dll, and after downloading that there's something now missing in asl.dll, also, I'm currently with a non-JB version of 4.0.

What are the steps I need to do to jailbreak? Which version of iTunes should I have installed? Should I go to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 or something else? Would it work to even get to 2.1.1 or 2.2.1? (I noticed that when trying to restore those versions I got an unknown error but it didn't try verifying with Apple). How do I get everything in RecBoot to work properly? What more info do you need that I've left out?

TIA

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2