Hi

I got a secondhand iPhone 3GS which was already jailbroken with Cydia. However, whenever I tried to open Cydia, it would close immediately. Now the icon has completely disappeared and I cannot find Cydia at all on the iPhone using the search function.

The phone is on the 4.0.2 operating system.

I am using Windows.

How do I get the Cydia icon back? Do I need to re-jailbreak the phone, if so how do I go about this?

Please help! Thanks
    08-24-2010 07:30 PM
    OK, I have realised that by updating iTunes, I lost my jailbreak. How do I get it back now that I have 4.0.2?? I'm using Windows...
    08-24-2010 08:36 PM
    Download tinyumbrella and request the 4.0.1 SHSH hash from Cydia.

If it can't retrieve one, then it was not saved within timeframe Apple was still signing it. Thus, you won't be able to restore to 4.0.1. You are stuck at 4.0.2 and NO JB possible.

If you can retrieve your hash, put tinyumbrella into TSS server mode and restore through iTunes with 4.0.1 firmware file you downloaded from somewhere.
    08-24-2010 08:53 PM
    OK, I have realised that by updating iTunes, I lost my jailbreak. How do I get it back now that I have 4.0.2?? I'm using Windows...
    Since u have a 3gs, if ur shsh files werent saved, then u can use pwnage tool to jb 4.0.2
    08-24-2010 09:10 PM
    Since u have a 3gs, if ur shsh files werent saved, then u can use pwnage tool to jb 4.0.2
    Wrong. That only works for IPhone 2G and 3G. 3GS and IPhone 4 requires you to have your SHSH hash saved to install an old firmware. Exception is if you phone was pwned = can install custom firmware from pwnagetool, but once you restore to official firmware through iTunes, you are no long pwned. And, the last firmware you could pwned a iphone was 3.1.2.
    Last edited by myzhi; 08-24-2010 at 09:23 PM.
    08-24-2010 09:19 PM
    Wrong. That only works for IPhone 2G and 3G. 3GS and IPhone 4 requires you to have your SHSH hash saved to install an old firmware. Exception is if you phone was pwned = can install custom firmware from pwnagetool, but once you restore to official firmware through iTunes, you are no long pwned. And, the last firmware you could pwned a iphone was 3.1.2.
    Why u try doing uome work first before opening ur mouth. Read the 2nd on the guide and you'll see its compatible with 3gs.

redmondpie.com/jailbreak-ios-4.0.2-with-redsn0w-how-to-guide/
    08-24-2010 09:57 PM
    Why u try doing uome work first before opening ur mouth. Read the 2nd on the guide and you'll see its compatible with 3gs.

redmondpie.com/jailbreak-ios-4.0.2-with-redsn0w-how-to-guide/
    Did you even read that guide? It's for 3G.

And, part about: UPDATE 2: And now iPhone 3GS has been successfully jailbroken on iOS 4.0.2. More info on this can be found here.

The 3GS must be pwned to install custom firmware 4.0.2 from Sn0wbreeze or pwnagetool. Do you even know what that means to be pwned and how to stay pwned? If you do, you would realize the OP's iphone is no longer pwned.
    08-24-2010 10:32 PM
    Download tinyumbrella and request the 4.0.1 SHSH hash from Cydia.

If it can't retrieve one, then it was not saved within timeframe Apple was still signing it. Thus, you won't be able to restore to 4.0.1. You are stuck at 4.0.2 and NO JB possible.

If you can retrieve your hash, put tinyumbrella into TSS server mode and restore through iTunes with 4.0.1 firmware file you downloaded from somewhere.
    Thank you! I have got as far as retrieving my 4.0.1 SHSH hash from Cydia. I have also downloaded 4.0.1 firmware.

What do I do with the firmware file? Do I open it with iTunes?

I also tried running the TSS server in TinyUmbrella and it's been sitting there for a while.

I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to do now that I have the firmware.
    08-25-2010 02:04 AM
    P.S. My current iTunes version is showing as 9.2.1.5
    08-25-2010 02:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD