Downgrade 4.0.2 to 4.0.1

c!!!

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I just received my iphone4 in the mail with 4.0.2 I remember reading somewhere that it is possible to download the 4.0.1 firmware online and then restore the phone using that so it will be possible for me to jailbreak.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Also from what I read before it requires Apple to sign off on a software package? What exactly does this mean?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I just received my iphone4 in the mail with 4.0.2 I remember reading somewhere that it is possible to download the 4.0.1 firmware online and then restore the phone using that so it will be possible for me to jailbreak.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Also from what I read before it requires Apple to sign off on a software package? What exactly does this mean?

As Apple is no longer signing 4.0.1, this is no longer possible.

c!!!

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Mine is 4.0.2 as well ordered directly from the Apple Canada website and is unlocked. I am unsure of where it shipped from - I can check the Fedex box. Does it make a difference on the ability to unlock?

skippypgd

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I got my wife's iPhone 4 just over week ago and found a Fake Umbrella app (by the folks who made the TinyUmbrella) and was able to use that to create a spoof 4.0.1 SHSH Blob and put it out on Cydia. After that was able to follow the steps to downgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1.

Listy

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Everything is Jailbroken now except 4.0.2. (Yes?) So you buy a new phone and it comes with 4.0.2, your stuck for a jb for a while. I was reading an article where Steve Jobs was trying to block or disable all jailbroken phones from the main Apple server. Jailbreak was declared legitimate by a US court. Apple could retaliate against you if you jailbroke, even if it is perfectly legal. The paitent "downright creepy and invasive" and a total overkill.

Forbes

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I got my wife's iPhone 4 just over week ago and found a Fake Umbrella app (by the folks who made the TinyUmbrella) and was able to use that to create a spoof 4.0.1 SHSH Blob and put it out on Cydia. After that was able to follow the steps to downgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1.

im currently about to update my 3gs and so i will def need this...something to me to upgrade to 4.0 or 4.01 when it dropped and I never did, now this....will I be able to seeing as how I erased all setting and data off my iphone already?

Last edited:

thejess

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I am stuck in the same boat. I bought my Iphone 4 yesterday with 4.0.2 preloaded. This means that i am out of luck because i did not have any older firmware loaded on this phone prior because it is new out of the box. For people that have upgraded on purpose or accidentally can use a program like tinyumbrella to grab their blobs and then fake out the signing server connection from itunes to sauriks server and load up the old 4.0 or 4.1 firmware and then jailbreak. Of course jailbreak me is down now so i am not sure what to do about that one as well. But it looks like we may just have to wait for the final release of 4.1 and i am sure the redsn0w team is already working on it right now. For now i will miss my infinidock, ifile and all the other tools that make my phone work the way i expect it to :)

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine is 4.0.2 as well ordered directly from the Apple Canada website and is unlocked. I am unsure of where it shipped from - I can check the Fedex box. Does it make a difference on the ability to unlock?

Did you mean jailbreak? If so it makes no difference

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Well google searching only references your post and a post on the real umbrella blog.

Shenanegins, FUD, and all that. Of course no link and only 2 posts

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I am stuck in the same boat. I bought my Iphone 4 yesterday with 4.0.2 preloaded. This means that i am out of luck because i did not have any older firmware loaded on this phone prior because it is new out of the box. For people that have upgraded on purpose or accidentally can use a program like tinyumbrella to grab their blobs and then fake out the signing server connection from itunes to sauriks server and load up the old 4.0 or 4.1 firmware and then jailbreak. Of course jailbreak me is down now so i am not sure what to do about that one as well. But it looks like we may just have to wait for the final release of 4.1 and i am sure the redsn0w team is already working on it right now. For now i will miss my infinidock, ifile and all the other tools that make my phone work the way i expect it to :)

You can't "fake out the server"

More FUD

sean1604

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
You can't "fake out the server"

More FUD

Yes you can :S using saurik's server, that's how you downgrade (if you have your shsh files) and also how you update to a certain firware. For example I just went from 3.1.2 to 4.0.1 using this method but I had my shsh's saved on cydia.

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can :S using saurik's server, that's how you downgrade (if you have your shsh files) and also how you update to a certain firware. For example I just went from 3.1.2 to 4.0.1 using this method but I had my shsh's saved on cydia.

Thats not faking out the server, thats using a backup shsh blob like you can local from your pc.

The faking it out is if you have no ecid shsh backed up, then you cant, and there is no faking that

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
So if I download 4.0.1 I still can't downgrade 4.0.2?

Not without saved SHSH blobs.

To try to downgrade, download and run Tinyumbrella:
1) Make sure you Iphone is detected.
2) check "Advanced Options."
3) In new window, under "Device / Version," select 4.0.1 firmware.
4) Click on "Save my SHSH." Pray Cydia has them. If you don't get an error, it has been saved onto your computer.
5) Repeat to save other firmware hashes if you wish.
6) Now, click on "Display SHSHs." It should listed all hashes you have saved on your computer and firmware version you can downgrade to.
7) Start "TSS server" and restore through iTunes with a downloaded firmware file (google) you can downgrade to in step #6.
8) If you phone get stuck during restore, trying "Kick out of recovery..."'in Tinyumbrella.

chopsticks

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Not without saved SHSH blobs.

To try to downgrade, download and run Tinyumbrella:
1) Make sure you Iphone is detected.
2) check "Advanced Options."
3) In new window, under "Device / Version," select 4.0.1 firmware.
4) Click on "Save my SHSH." Pray Cydia has them. If you don't get an error, it has been saved onto your computer.
5) Repeat to save other firmware hashes if you wish.
6) Now, click on "Display SHSHs." It should listed all hashes you have saved on your computer and firmware version you can downgrade to.
7) Start "TSS server" and restore through iTunes with a downloaded firmware file (google) you can downgrade to in step #6.
8) If you phone get stuck during restore, trying "Kick out of recovery..."'in Tinyumbrella.
would the bootloader matter? another thing is that my iPhone has never been jailbroken before (the original owner kept it on att all the time)

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
would the bootloader matter? another thing is that my iPhone has never been jailbroken before (the original owner kept it on att all the time)

Having old / new Bootrom doesn't matter. That's why Jailbreakme.com is an untethered JB.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox