Hi,

I just received my iphone4 in the mail with 4.0.2 I remember reading somewhere that it is possible to download the 4.0.1 firmware online and then restore the phone using that so it will be possible for me to jailbreak.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Also from what I read before it requires Apple to sign off on a software package? What exactly does this mean?
    08-24-2010 05:57 PM
    Hi,

I just received my iphone4 in the mail with 4.0.2 I remember reading somewhere that it is possible to download the 4.0.1 firmware online and then restore the phone using that so it will be possible for me to jailbreak.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Also from what I read before it requires Apple to sign off on a software package? What exactly does this mean?
    As Apple is no longer signing 4.0.1, this is no longer possible.
    08-24-2010 06:08 PM
    Where did yours come from? Apple or AT&T? Which distribution center did it ship out of?
    08-26-2010 11:05 PM
    Where did yours come from? Apple or AT&T? Which distribution center did it ship out of?
    Mine came from Apple with 4.02 (factory unlocked). Does that make a difference?
    Last edited by Roulette; 08-27-2010 at 01:05 AM.
    08-27-2010 01:02 AM
    Mine is 4.0.2 as well ordered directly from the Apple Canada website and is unlocked. I am unsure of where it shipped from - I can check the Fedex box. Does it make a difference on the ability to unlock?
    08-27-2010 02:29 AM
    I got my wife's iPhone 4 just over week ago and found a Fake Umbrella app (by the folks who made the TinyUmbrella) and was able to use that to create a spoof 4.0.1 SHSH Blob and put it out on Cydia. After that was able to follow the steps to downgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1.
    08-27-2010 11:26 PM
    Everything is Jailbroken now except 4.0.2. (Yes?) So you buy a new phone and it comes with 4.0.2, your stuck for a jb for a while. I was reading an article where Steve Jobs was trying to block or disable all jailbroken phones from the main Apple server. Jailbreak was declared legitimate by a US court. Apple could retaliate against you if you jailbroke, even if it is perfectly legal. The paitent "downright creepy and invasive" and a total overkill.
    08-28-2010 06:50 AM
    I got my wife's iPhone 4 just over week ago and found a Fake Umbrella app (by the folks who made the TinyUmbrella) and was able to use that to create a spoof 4.0.1 SHSH Blob and put it out on Cydia. After that was able to follow the steps to downgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1.
    im currently about to update my 3gs and so i will def need this...something to me to upgrade to 4.0 or 4.01 when it dropped and I never did, now this....will I be able to seeing as how I erased all setting and data off my iphone already?
    Last edited by Forbes; 08-28-2010 at 09:46 AM.
    08-28-2010 08:19 AM
    no help? mabe because its saturday?
    08-28-2010 10:00 PM
    I am stuck in the same boat. I bought my Iphone 4 yesterday with 4.0.2 preloaded. This means that i am out of luck because i did not have any older firmware loaded on this phone prior because it is new out of the box. For people that have upgraded on purpose or accidentally can use a program like tinyumbrella to grab their blobs and then fake out the signing server connection from itunes to sauriks server and load up the old 4.0 or 4.1 firmware and then jailbreak. Of course jailbreak me is down now so i am not sure what to do about that one as well. But it looks like we may just have to wait for the final release of 4.1 and i am sure the redsn0w team is already working on it right now. For now i will miss my infinidock, ifile and all the other tools that make my phone work the way i expect it to
    08-29-2010 04:34 AM
    Mine is 4.0.2 as well ordered directly from the Apple Canada website and is unlocked. I am unsure of where it shipped from - I can check the Fedex box. Does it make a difference on the ability to unlock?
    Did you mean jailbreak? If so it makes no difference
    08-29-2010 11:32 AM
    Unlocked only allows you to use on other GSM carrier, but gives you no more ability to jailbreak.
    08-30-2010 08:32 AM
    Well google searching only references your post and a post on the real umbrella blog.

Shenanegins, FUD, and all that. Of course no link and only 2 posts
    08-31-2010 05:35 PM
    I am stuck in the same boat. I bought my Iphone 4 yesterday with 4.0.2 preloaded. This means that i am out of luck because i did not have any older firmware loaded on this phone prior because it is new out of the box. For people that have upgraded on purpose or accidentally can use a program like tinyumbrella to grab their blobs and then fake out the signing server connection from itunes to sauriks server and load up the old 4.0 or 4.1 firmware and then jailbreak. Of course jailbreak me is down now so i am not sure what to do about that one as well. But it looks like we may just have to wait for the final release of 4.1 and i am sure the redsn0w team is already working on it right now. For now i will miss my infinidock, ifile and all the other tools that make my phone work the way i expect it to
    You can't "fake out the server"

More FUD
    08-31-2010 05:37 PM
    You can't "fake out the server"

More FUD
    Yes you can :S using saurik's server, that's how you downgrade (if you have your shsh files) and also how you update to a certain firware. For example I just went from 3.1.2 to 4.0.1 using this method but I had my shsh's saved on cydia.
    09-01-2010 03:56 PM
    Yes you can :S using saurik's server, that's how you downgrade (if you have your shsh files) and also how you update to a certain firware. For example I just went from 3.1.2 to 4.0.1 using this method but I had my shsh's saved on cydia.
    Thats not faking out the server, thats using a backup shsh blob like you can local from your pc.

The faking it out is if you have no ecid shsh backed up, then you cant, and there is no faking that
    09-01-2010 05:03 PM
    So if I download 4.0.1 I still can't downgrade 4.0.2?
    09-01-2010 05:07 PM
    So if I download 4.0.1 I still can't downgrade 4.0.2?
    Not without saved SHSH blobs.

To try to downgrade, download and run Tinyumbrella:
    1) Make sure you Iphone is detected.
    2) check "Advanced Options."
    3) In new window, under "Device / Version," select 4.0.1 firmware.
    4) Click on "Save my SHSH." Pray Cydia has them. If you don't get an error, it has been saved onto your computer.
    5) Repeat to save other firmware hashes if you wish.
    6) Now, click on "Display SHSHs." It should listed all hashes you have saved on your computer and firmware version you can downgrade to.
    7) Start "TSS server" and restore through iTunes with a downloaded firmware file (google) you can downgrade to in step #6.
    8) If you phone get stuck during restore, trying "Kick out of recovery..."'in Tinyumbrella.
    09-01-2010 05:13 PM
    Not without saved SHSH blobs.

To try to downgrade, download and run Tinyumbrella:
    1) Make sure you Iphone is detected.
    2) check "Advanced Options."
    3) In new window, under "Device / Version," select 4.0.1 firmware.
    4) Click on "Save my SHSH." Pray Cydia has them. If you don't get an error, it has been saved onto your computer.
    5) Repeat to save other firmware hashes if you wish.
    6) Now, click on "Display SHSHs." It should listed all hashes you have saved on your computer and firmware version you can downgrade to.
    7) Start "TSS server" and restore through iTunes with a downloaded firmware file (google) you can downgrade to in step #6.
    8) If you phone get stuck during restore, trying "Kick out of recovery..."'in Tinyumbrella.
    would the bootloader matter? another thing is that my iPhone has never been jailbroken before (the original owner kept it on att all the time)
    09-01-2010 10:43 PM
    would the bootloader matter? another thing is that my iPhone has never been jailbroken before (the original owner kept it on att all the time)
    Having old / new Bootrom doesn't matter. That's why Jailbreakme.com is an untethered JB.
    Last edited by myzhi; 09-01-2010 at 10:53 PM.
    09-01-2010 10:47 PM
    You don't need the SHSH blobs anymore!

Go to google, type in 'jailbreak 4.0.2' then hit the News tab and there is an article near the top on how to rollback 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 to JB.
    09-07-2010 05:20 AM
    4.0.2 CAN be downgraded without SHSH blobs.

Go to google, type in 'jailbreak 4.0.2' and hit the news tab at the top. there's an article about rolling back the firmware to 4.0.1 with a bit of code manipulation.

it's easy.
    Did you read the guide? Tells you to use Blackra1n. That program hasn't been updated since 3.1.2. Geohot, guy made that hack, has step away from JB iphone now. Just because it's posted on internet doesn't mean it's true.
    09-07-2010 01:31 PM
    Did you read the guide? Tells you to use Blackra1n. That program hasn't been updated since 3.1.2. Geohot, guy made that hack, has step away from JB iphone now. Just because it's posted on internet doesn't mean it's true.
    I don't really have to reply to you since I did in the other thread but...again...I USED the guide to rollback my phone, which is 3GS!

Try using the guide for yourself instead of jumping to false conclusions!
    09-07-2010 08:31 PM
    The author: Downgrade iPhone 4, 3GS from iOS 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 Without SHSH Blobs Saved [Guide] | Redmond Pie

First sentence: "Ok guys let me clear this upfront. I havent tested this method yet, but by the looks of it, there is no reason why it shouldnt work."

Update: "Ok guys, I know I took a little long to provide this update but this was because I was thoroughly testing this method to see if it really works. After trying it out on my iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch and iPad, I can confirm that this at least didnt worked for me. But then again I got lots of messages from Twitter and email from users who said that they got it working on iPhone 3GS and all. But at least in all my tests, it didnt work for me even on an iPhone 3GS."

Now, let me explain why people may luckily get it to work:
    1) Notice step guide #8: "Add the 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com line to the host file." That tricks Itunes into contacting Cydia server instead of Apple's servers. Do you know why? Hint: SHSH hashes.
    2) Here's the important thing. Saurik, Cydia guy, clarifies it: It seems that more shsh are on file and even some of you that havent ever jailbroken and just got a new iphone may actually have an shsh on file. Its definitely worth a try to set up Sauriks signature server in your hosts file and try to restore that way. You may get lucky and get a downgrade even on a new device.

Once again, there is no magic / trick to downgrade without SHSH hashes saved for 3GS or IP4.
    Last edited by myzhi; 09-08-2010 at 06:05 PM.
    09-07-2010 09:15 PM
    The author: Downgrade iPhone 4, 3GS from iOS 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 Without SHSH Blobs Saved [Guide] | Redmond Pie

First sentence: "Ok guys let me clear this upfront. I havent tested this method yet, but by the looks of it, there is no reason why it shouldnt work."

Update: "Ok guys, I know I took a little long to provide this update but this was because I was thoroughly testing this method to see if it really works. After trying it out on my iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch and iPad, I can confirm that this at least didnt worked for me. But then again I got lots of messages from Twitter and email from users who said that they got it working on iPhone 3GS and all. But at least in all my tests, it didnt work for me even on an iPhone 3GS."

Now, let me explain why people may luckily get it to work:
    1) Notice step guide #8: "Add the 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com line to the host file." That tricks Itunes into contacting Cydia server instead of Apple's servers. Do you know why? Hint: SHSH hashes.
    2) Here's the important thing. Saurik, Cydia guy, clarifies it: It seems that more shsh are on file and even some of you that havent ever jailbroken and just got a new iphone may actually have an shsh on file. Its definitely worth a try to set up Sauriks signature server in your hosts file and try to restore that way. You may get lucky and get a downgrade even on a new device.

Once again, there is no magic / trick to downgrade without SHSH hashes saved for 3GS or IP4.
    Read my posts correctly!

I said it "can" be used to rollback. This is not the same as saying that it's basically a "magic trick".

Learn to interpret English correctly.

Thanks!
    09-09-2010 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD