Had a question about the prepaid data plan on an iphone 3g

Alski415

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Not sure where to post this, so im posting in two different topics.

I recently jailbroke my 3g, and also made it a gophone. I chose the $60 unlimited call and text plan, and realized that they have a $20 unlimited data plan for gophones. I loaded it on my iphone and Facebook seemed to work for a moment, so I tried to open Cydia. when I opened Cydia it said theres no internet connection, yet the top of the phone had the "3g" where the wireless usually is. Anyone know if you can even use the data plan on the iphone-gophone? A friend of mine pays $5 a month for 1mb of data or something, and it seems to work. Would appreciate any feedback, and thanks!

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Not sure where to post this, so im posting in two different topics.

I recently jailbroke my 3g, and also made it a gophone. I chose the $60 unlimited call and text plan, and realized that they have a $20 unlimited data plan for gophones. I loaded it on my iphone and Facebook seemed to work for a moment, so I tried to open Cydia. when I opened Cydia it said theres no internet connection, yet the top of the phone had the "3g" where the wireless usually is. Anyone know if you can even use the data plan on the iphone-gophone? A friend of mine pays $5 a month for 1mb of data or something, and it seems to work. Would appreciate any feedback, and thanks!

There is no pre-paid data plan for the iphone. A regular unlimited data plan wont work bc that is meant for regular, "dumb", phones. It isnt provisioned for iphone. no workaround for it either

Alski415

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I figured it out!

Yes there is an unlimited data plan for the go phones. I just didnt tell them it was an iphone, paid for it, entered it into my account, and changed the APN.. now I have 3g off a prepaid data plan, unlimited for 20 a month :)

Alski415

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
scratch that

Works on my girlfriends iphone, but when I tried it with mine it didnt work. Upset, and I keep gettin charged for using Edge instead of 3g..