SpringBoard crash

longshadows

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I j/b'd my iP3Gs (4.0.1 / Fw 05.13.04) with JailbreakMe. Worked fine. Then after a day of flawless functioning, I added a new theme and ultrasn0w to "unlock" the phone. Shortly, afterwards, the SpringBoard crashed and I've had to run in Safe Mode for the past four days.

I've used Cydia to remove ALL non-essential Cydia apps (everything, including ultrasn0w) that I added since j/bing. Rebooted frequently, but still forced to run in SafeMode. Everything works as it did before, but I'm in Safe Mode all the time!

I've gone through all of Cydia's FAQs and tips. So, can anyone suggest anything?

If I were to restore to my previous non-j/b state, will I be able to j/b again with no issues lurking since I'm previously j/broken?

Maybe I should try something other than JailBreakMe?

Thanks very much!

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I j/b'd my iP3Gs (4.0.1 / Fw 05.13.04) with JailbreakMe. Worked fine. Then after a day of flawless functioning, I added a new theme and ultrasn0w to "unlock" the phone. Shortly, afterwards, the SpringBoard crashed and I've had to run in Safe Mode for the past four days.

I've used Cydia to remove ALL non-essential Cydia apps (everything, including ultrasn0w) that I added since j/bing. Rebooted frequently, but still forced to run in SafeMode. Everything works as it did before, but I'm in Safe Mode all the time!

I've gone through all of Cydia's FAQs and tips. So, can anyone suggest anything?

If I were to restore to my previous non-j/b state, will I be able to j/b again with no issues lurking since I'm previously j/broken?

Maybe I should try something other than JailBreakMe?

Thanks very much!

There isnt anything besides jailbreakme.com at this time.

Did you save your SHSH for 4.0.1? If yes, restore to it and re jailbreak and add apps 1 by 1 to narrow down the crash.

If no to the SHSH or dont know what that is, yer stuck as you are or restore to 4.0.2 and lose the ability to jailbreak for now

longshadows

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Restoring

I'm sorry to have to ask, but I "think" I have my SHSH for 4.0.1 stored. At the top of my Cydia home screen, it says "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS / iOS: 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1."

(I have a long history with j/b and Cydia, as you can see...)

But! I have never tried to "restore" through Cydia and don't know how to do it. There must be some step-by-step instructions on line and I'll see if I can find them.

Thanks!

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry to have to ask, but I "think" I have my SHSH for 4.0.1 stored. At the top of my Cydia home screen, it says "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS / iOS: 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1."

But! I have never tried to "restore" through Cydia and don't know how to do it. There must be some step-by-step instructions on line and I'll see if I can find them.

Thanks!

There is a metric a** ton of guides around and many of them around here too even. Try a search or even a google search. Not trying to be rude, but im not gonna do easy work for ya

longshadows

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, but most "restore SHSH in Cydia" refer to restoring to version 3.1.2. I'm wondering if I need to go that far back. Maybe a restore to 4.0 would be better?

(What some of your extremely knowledgeable folk may not consider is that some of us, while not as experienced, are neither lazy nor stupid and certainly don't expect you guys to "do easy work for us." If we had the answers, we wouldn't ask. We do appreciate a little help (I thought that's what these forums were intended for), especially if it's the first time we've tried something and are unfamiliar with the process and terminology--and fear the loss of our entire iPhone if we make a mistake. Thanks!)

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Any guides that show you how to restore to 3.1.2 via cydia will work for 4.0.1, just make sure you use the right firmware download.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

Thanks!

There is a metric a** ton of guides around and many of them around here too even. Try a search or even a google search. Not trying to be rude, but im not gonna do easy work for ya

FYI...He wasn't asking you to do any 'easy work' for him. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234