How Do Apps Know My Phone Is Jailbroken?

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I get a popup from skype your phone cant run this app right cause its jailbroken. It still works but that app and private pics know i have my phone jailbroken. How do they know this? Is there a way to block this info from getting out? And can apple do the same thing? If they can then they can just note to void your warranty, and that would be weak.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Just guessing, but it would be simple to program your app to see if cydia or rock is on the phone. If it's there, obviously, the phone would be JB. Don't see why Apple couldn't do the same thing. As for blocking such thing, I have no clue.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I thought the skype popup happened on all phones, jailbroken or not. It doesn't say "this phone is jailbroken," just that skype doesn't provide support for modified devices?very different.

jeffnucci

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I thought the skype popup happened on all phones, jailbroken or not. It doesn't say "this phone is jailbroken," just that skype doesn't provide support for modified devices?very different.

+1

Skype is basically just telling you if your phone is jailbroken and the app doesn't function like it should, don't come crying to them.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Firewall blocks programs from sending info to a site. BUT, simple terms... the iPhone works like a thermos bottle... Just like "it" knows the difference between Hot and Cold, the iPhone app knows if the iphone is JB or not... LOL...

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site

ok i didnt know skype gave that message to everyone(i didnt see it before the j/b) but what about private pics then i used it for a while then right after the jailbreak it gave me one of those messages. But it looks like you missed the point i dont want that info flowing right to apple so they can void whatever warranty i may have cause an app told them i was jailbroken at some point. Im sure ill never use it but still i would like to control my info.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Seems like people would want to block this information about their phones being jailbroken from being common knowledge. AT&T would like to know if they were as well as Apple I wold think. Isn't there a tethering app for jailbroken iPhones?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox