Changing Sounds

McAlsop

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
My wife recently got an iPhone and I want all my sounds (email, etc) to be different than hers. Is there an app that can change email and other sounds? If there are several, what do you recommend?

McAlsop

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Is there an app that allows me to select my own sounds? Like if I have a sound file on my computer and can get it somehow to the iPhone and select it for the email sound.

I mean without having to create a theme...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Kind of depends on your own comfort level...I use iphonebrowser and just replace the UI sounds directly via drag and drop; I'm sure you could find a tutorial online. Another option would be the AnyRing app, which lets you choose any audio on your phone to use as a ringtone/SMS tone, but I don't know if it's been updated for iOS4 yet.

EDIT: Here is a walkthrough for the first option:
http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-jailbreak-unlock/190204-how-custom-sms-tones-free.html

There's also a video walkthrough here:
Change the Text Message Alert Sounds On Your Jailbroken iPhone | Mac|Life

Last edited:

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
There's no need for a random online tutorial when at the very top of this forum, in a sticky, a guide is written by both myself and another member of this board telling you how to do exactly what you are trying to accomplish. :)

McAlsop

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
There's no need for a random online tutorial when at the very top of this forum, in a sticky, a guide is written by both myself and another member of this board telling you how to do exactly what you are trying to accomplish. :)
I saw that one, but it didn't specifically cover email sounds which is really what I'm interested in. I assume there is an email sound file which I can simply overwrite? Probably with the same necessary criteria as SMS sounds?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
My wife recently got an iPhone and I want all my sounds (email, etc) to be different than hers. Is there an app that can change email and other sounds? If there are several, what do you recommend?

The best way to do it is buy ToneFXs and download all the sound themes you want.

Just don't activate the sounds in Winterboard, use the app ToneFXs to do it. That way you can have Evo sounds and Android sounds and Palm pre sounds all at the same time.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner