1. vintagetonez's Avatar
    Can someone tell me if its still possible to jailbreak iPhone 4 running 4.0.2?! I know we cant with the jailbreakme website but want to know if theres another way.
    08-16-2010 10:44 PM
  2. cableguy619's Avatar
    as of right now no.. hang tight for a bit
    08-16-2010 11:32 PM
  3. markhunsaker's Avatar
    Nope. Don't update quite yet. There isn't anything that they really fixed, except for the jailbreak loop hole.
    08-17-2010 01:17 AM
  4. vintagetonez's Avatar
    Nope. Don't update quite yet. There isn't anything that they really fixed, except for the jailbreak loop hole.
    Too late, already did. That's why I posted asking if there is another way to jailbreak running 4.0.2.
    08-17-2010 03:24 PM
  5. markhunsaker's Avatar
    Not yet. Sit tight.
    08-18-2010 12:51 AM
  6. Vendettx#IM's Avatar
    looks like apple still approving 4.0.1 i just downloaded the OS and installed it via itunes on a friends iphone today and it verified and installed fine.

    so download the OS, open itunes, DFU and install the OS.

    than jailbreak, pdf patch via cydia. done

    there is absolutely no reason to have 4.0.2.
    08-18-2010 02:12 AM
  7. BlueGT#IM's Avatar
    I thought on restore, iTunes will auto-update to 4.0.2 - how do you disable that?
    08-18-2010 10:45 AM
  8. drunken0monkey#IM's Avatar
    On a Windows machine, hold the shift key while you click on restore in iTunes. This will let you select an IPSW file to use for the restore. Of course you'll first need to download the 4.0.1 IPSW for your phone (Google will help you find one).
    08-18-2010 01:42 PM
  9. Mhudson42484's Avatar
    I've downloaded iOS 4.0.1 after installing 4.0.2. However when I try to install it it says that it is incompatible How can I fix this?
    08-19-2010 06:22 PM
  10. Mhudson42484's Avatar
    I am using the iPhone 4 Ipsw
    08-19-2010 06:23 PM
  11. myzhi's Avatar
    From what I read on macrumors, looks like Apple now stopped signing = allowing you to install 4.0.1 firmware. So, only way to install a earlier firmware, before 4.0.2, is to use your saved SHSH to downgrade. If you don't know how google: SHSH + downgrade.
    08-19-2010 10:04 PM
  12. Mhudson42484's Avatar
    Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately they sent out the patch 2 days after I got the phone and I never a chance to back up the SHSH. Oh well guess I'm stuck waiting for the next jailbreak.
    08-20-2010 11:00 AM
  13. Mhudson42484's Avatar
    Just checking in to see if anyone has heard anything about a new 4.0.2 jailbreak for the iPhone 4.
    08-26-2010 05:11 AM
  14. farbod21's Avatar
    They wont jailbreak 4.0.2. You will have to wait until 4.1 at the very earliest.

    They will not jailbreak "jb fix" releases of firmware because they believe it only benefits Apple to play that much of a cat and mouse game...
    08-26-2010 06:17 AM
  15. TampaDude's Avatar
    I downloaded a copy of the 4.0.1 IPSW from Apple and stashed it on my HD so I have a clean copy just in case. Verified file size and SHA1 hash, so I know it's good. My SHSH blobs are saved with Cydia. You never know, right?
    08-26-2010 09:15 AM
  16. peterish's Avatar
    I just bought a 3GS hoping to jailbreak/unlock, then just pop in my current TMobile SIM card. The phone is running 4.0.2 and apparently there's no jb/ul released yet? I tried downgrading but it's just not working (error 3194).

    1- should I sit tight and wait for jb/ul 4.0.2 ?

    2- will I be able to ub/ul without a SIM card or using my Tmobile SIM?
    08-29-2010 01:52 PM
  17. theringer's Avatar
    I just bought a 3GS hoping to jailbreak/unlock, then just pop in my current TMobile SIM card. The phone is running 4.0.2 and apparently there's no jb/ul released yet? I tried downgrading but it's just not working (error 3194).

    1- should I sit tight and wait for jb/ul 4.0.2 ?

    2- will I be able to ub/ul without a SIM card or using my Tmobile SIM?
    1 you have no choice but to wait

    2 depends on the next jailbreak tool released if it does hacktivation
    08-29-2010 02:04 PM
  18. peterish's Avatar
    1 you have no choice but to wait

    2 depends on the next jailbreak tool released if it does hacktivation
    So if the next release does hactivation then I'm good to go? And if not, can I insert a friend's ATT Sim card and still jb/ul?

    Also, I know it's all guessing but about how long until the 4.0.2 jb/ul release? Are we talking 1 week, 1 month, longer? Thanks!
    08-29-2010 02:39 PM
  19. markhunsaker's Avatar
    I heard that the next jailbreak won't be until 4.1. They are tired of playing cat and mouse.
    08-29-2010 02:52 PM
  20. theringer's Avatar
    So if the next release does hactivation then I'm good to go? And if not, can I insert a friend's ATT Sim card and still jb/ul?

    Also, I know it's all guessing but about how long until the 4.0.2 jb/ul release? Are we talking 1 week, 1 month, longer? Thanks!
    There will not be one for 4.0.2 as been previouslt said here and in other threads so many times.

    Yes to the friends att sim part
    08-29-2010 03:28 PM
  21. peterish's Avatar
    I heard that the next jailbreak won't be until 4.1. They are tired of playing cat and mouse.
    I might as well just get rid of the damn phone....God knows how long we'd have to wait before 4.1 comes out...then wait more for the hack to release!
    08-29-2010 03:34 PM
  22. macharborguy's Avatar
    I might as well just get rid of the damn phone....God knows how long we'd have to wait before 4.1 comes out...then wait more for the hack to release!
    what is up with people now-adays not having any sort of patience?

    think about when iOS4 was announced and people heard that the iPad wouldn't get it until Fall, and how long is that from now? 1 month or 2 depending on what Apple says come this next Announcement in September.

    hurry up and wait
    08-29-2010 05:10 PM
  23. peterish's Avatar
    what is up with people now-adays not having any sort of patience?

    think about when iOS4 was announced and people heard that the iPad wouldn't get it until Fall, and how long is that from now? 1 month or 2 depending on what Apple says come this next Announcement in September.

    hurry up and wait

    I didn't just drop $500 on this new phone to let it sit there and do nothing for an indefinite time. True, I should've done research beforehand, but this cat-mouse nonsense that Apple puts people through is bull.

    If there was a semi-accurate timeframe for the 4.1 hack release then I might consider not selling this brick.
    08-29-2010 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD