Hey

Basicly I have Jailbroken and unlocked a Iphone 3gs on the os 4.0 software to use with an orange simcard.

All was fine and the phone was working well however after a while the signal completely dropped and I was unable to make calls yet I still had 3g internet, so I put the sim back in my old phone to check it worked and it had full signal. I then put it back in the iphone and it suddenly now had full signal again, this seems to fix it but its hardly ideal solution so any ideas on how I can Prevent this or fix it from the iphone itself.

thanks
    08-16-2010 03:47 AM
    I too have the same problem mate.I'm jb but locked to orange. The iphone is known for it's signal issues. It's just something you learn to live with. I have learnt to live with it...try holding the phone around the middle and dont grip it too tightly as the antenna i believe is at the bottom of the phone and not the top.

Sorry I don't have any better answers for a quick fix.
    08-16-2010 05:37 AM
    Quick update The phone actually now says restricted network when it loses signal.

thanks
    08-16-2010 05:56 AM
    Sounds to me like the phone is not officially unlocked. what was it locked to originally? you might want to contact your original provider.
    08-16-2010 06:12 AM
    I think O2 but it also works on tescos.
    08-16-2010 06:21 AM
    double check. was it originally pay as you go or on contract?

if you have had it for more than a year on o2 contract then they should be able to unlock it officially for you free of charge.
    08-16-2010 06:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD