Hi,

just so people know beforehand, that I know squat about iphones and jailbreaking but I got my friend to jailbreak my iphone 3GS about a month ago. I have no idea what software he used, probably pwnage.

Anyway, he told me not to update the phone's firmware and what did I do today? Update the firmware.

So, it's now on 4.0.2.

I was going to jailbreak it but first read that it's based on firmware so have not tried to even attempt to jailbreak the phone because I think attempts would be futile.

Is there anyway at all to jailbreak this current firmware and if not, what about rolling back to the previous firmware?

I read something about saving a SSHSSH something but I know nothing about that and if I don't know about it, the chances are, I didn't save anything.

If anybody can help a newbie to the iphone jailbreaking world, it would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    08-13-2010 07:23 AM
    Since u don't know anything about shsh then I'm assuming u don't have them saved so ur SOL till another jb is released.
    08-13-2010 07:44 AM
    Yeah, that's what I said above, I don't have anything saved from the phone to my knowledge.

But I did come across a website about the redsnow app cracking 4.0.2 if the phone doesn't rely on an unlock (I take it that means the phone isn't unlocked, which it isn't) so I am wondering if this will work.

I can't post a link to it at the moment.

Also, how long does it normally take for developers to crack another firmware?
    08-13-2010 10:59 AM
    It's ONLY for 3g models. So like I stated above, ur SOL
    08-13-2010 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD