Can I still save SHSH for 3.1.3?

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
So NOW my wife wants me to JB her 3G running 3.1.3.
I got to thinking: when does apple stop authorizing a Ipsw. If I ran spirit now, do you think I could back up her shsh for 3.1.3 still? I keep hearing that 4.0.x runs poorly on the 3G. Which is why I want to be able to down grade If it does indeed suck.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 3g doesn't save shsh blobs to cydia. And apple stops signing firmware when a new one is released. They stopped signing 3.1.3 once iOS4 was released. And some advise, DO NOT update to 4.0 on a 3G, you will regret it right away. Not enough memory which is why it lags to a crawl

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I haven't dl it yet but from everything i've read it really speeds it up. There is a thread here that iGoSlo posted some pics after using it on his 3g and he can really see the difference.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
believe what you're hearing; 4.0, 4.0.1 & 4.0.2 are a complete joke on the 3G

i know it's tempting but save yourself the trouble. i have a 3G and unfortunately upgraded and after a couple of weeks of frustration i went back to 3.1.2 and glad i did

to be honest iPhoneVM isn't all that great either, imo. you'd almost be better off "overclocking" the device but even then battery may be an issue and that's bad enough right out of the box

i am waiting for 4.1, i've been reading good things about it but i would say that possibly may be the last iOS you ever download onto a 3G that works properly. after that it's just simply time to upgrade the hardware and keep up with the times

performance and speed are golden on a 3G so do NOT upgrade... yet

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro