Enough of this cracked app talk

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
it's real simply... software piracy is ILLEGAL

tethering, whether against at&t policy is NOT ILLEGAL

i buy my apps, and I don't used cracked ones.... but i tether freely and plentifully... unlimited data is unlimited data

m0m0

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm probably one of a few left that has an "unlimited" Data plan $30.00. Using my iphone with PDANet (by the way , which I bought), is NOT theft of a Service offered by my Carrier.

Who is your carrier that allows your phone's unlimited data plan to be used tethered without theft of service??

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Let's try it on a level you guys might get it:

You go to the store and buy a loaf of bread for $3 (unlimited data plan). You take it home and realize that on the wrapper (user agreement) it says that if you put ham and cheese on it (tethering) you owe the bread manufacturer (cell carrier) another $2. You decide to make the ham and cheese sandwich anyway (jailbreak and tether) and not pay the $2. Did you do something illegal?

Folks, you already paid for the bread.

One parting point- from dictionary.com:

unlimited-[uhn-lim-i-tid]- adjective
without any qualification or exception; unconditional

I think that speaks for itself.

jeffnucci

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Let's try it on a level you guys might get it:

You go to the store and buy a loaf of bread for $3 (unlimited data plan). You take it home and realize that on the wrapper (user agreement) it says that if you put ham and cheese on it (tethering) you owe the bread manufacturer (cell carrier) another $2. You decide to make the ham and cheese sandwich anyway (jailbreak and tether) and not pay the $2. Did you do something illegal?

Folks, you already paid for the bread.

One parting point- from dictionary.com:

unlimited-[uhn-lim-i-tid]- adjective
without any qualification or exception; unconditional

I think that speaks for itself.

Interesting comparison... I'm with you though. The definition of the word seems to have been lost to more conservative forum goers and AT&T up until you shared that lovely and correct definition with us. Good on ya mate!

bobdole3141

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Agree with it all except for the bit about using it to trial apps. I couldn't disagree more on that one. Having trials promotes sales. The problem is that if you refuse to allow people to trial things, you push the "trial scene" underground and increase the likelihood of it being abused.

jeffnucci

May 11, 2009
Visit site
agree with it all except for the bit about using it to trial apps. I couldn't disagree more on that one. Having trials promotes sales. The problem is that if you refuse to allow people to trial things, you push the "trial scene" underground and increase the likelihood of it being abused.

yes! Yes my friend! Yes!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2