The day I jailbroke the phone (almost a week ago), I immediately saw something on the startup screen i've never seen before on any iPhone i've used. I tried to take some photos of it (below). Its hard to explain, but when you shut the phone down (or reset it holding the home and sleep buttons) and the apple logo comes up, the screen will be fine for a few seconds, then these 2 lines show up at the top of the screen and stay on until I see my lock screen.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Anyone know what it is and/or what is causing it?

NORMAL:

COLORED LINES:

08-07-2010 12:15 PM
    I believe they are to be expected after the newest jailbreak. I believe others have reported them as well.
    08-07-2010 01:01 PM
    Yep, that's normal ... I have seen similar lines on my iPad
    08-07-2010 01:38 PM
    Those lines are actually part of the code comex used for the new jailbreakit gets stored on the frame buffer.
    Twitter / planetbeing: The glitches on the boot s ...
    Last edited by Massie; 08-07-2010 at 02:04 PM.
    08-07-2010 01:47 PM
    Yeah, mine does that, too. It's normal for the jailbreak. No issues here.
    08-07-2010 04:49 PM
    I'm a noob but i'd like to know what's causing the lines.

Before I jailbroke I occasionally would see dots that looked like camera lens flares in the title block when I was using the facebook app. Is that normal?
    08-07-2010 04:53 PM
    Happens on my 3Gs also.
    08-07-2010 05:37 PM
    I'm a noob but i'd like to know what's causing the lines.
    The colored pixels are data that is temporarily stored in the memory used for the display. I've lost count of how many different computer systems I've seen do that same thing over the years...and I do mean YEARS...I started with computers in the early 1980s. It's absolutely nothing to worry about.
    08-07-2010 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD