These days, many users were having to go to the Apple Store to run the jailbreak of the iPhone 4 in exposure through the site Jailbreakme.com. As we might expect, Apple has blocked access to the site and so now you can not use the service.

Simply using OpenDNS, Apple has made sure that the visits to the Site JailbreakMe be automatically redirected to the official site Apple.com. In this way, users can not use exploit to unlock the iPhone on display.

Recall also that Apple has already informed CNET that they have completed a patch that will fix the vulnerability in Safari and completely block the action of JailbreakMe.
    08-06-2010 09:08 AM
    That's nice that they completed the patch and it's sitting in a lab somewhere. So when are they releasing it?
    08-06-2010 12:23 PM
    Should anyone be surprised that Apple is blocking Jailbreakme.com from within Apple stores? They don't want their display units jailbroken, or have unauthorized software installed on them.

The patch likely won't be out until 4.1 is released, which I suspect will be in September along with the release of the new iPod Touch.
    08-06-2010 12:36 PM
    The patch likely won't be out until 4.1 is released, which I suspect will be in September along with the release of the new iPod Touch.
    They need to learn to get security patches out quicker. From a liability aspect, attorneys can have a field day with them now that it can be proven that Apple is aware of this major flaw.
    08-06-2010 01:31 PM
    Someone already found a work around (by using his Nexus One's mobile hotspot capabilities) ...and was able to still jailbreak a ipad .. The vid explains it all.. I think its dumb to do this .. I dont see the point ..

Apple Stores block jailbreakme.com, can't stop the jailbreaking (video) -- Engadget

Fresh1
    Last edited by fresh1; 08-06-2010 at 01:53 PM.
    08-06-2010 01:51 PM
    They need to learn to get security patches out quicker. From a liability aspect, attorneys can have a field day with them now that it can be proven that Apple is aware of this major flaw.
    They COULD do it sooner, 4.0.2 or whatever, but as this security flaw has been out for a while ( 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1 ) I don't see them rushing to fix it with a 4.0.2, which 4.1 is but a few weeks away anyways. It took them 3 weeks to get the 4.0.1 out, why push a 4.0.2, when 4.1 would be a week or so behind that?

Bugs are bugs. It's not something that was intentionally put in the software, lawyers will always try to get a cut of what they don't deserve, but by the time this hole is really exploitable on a massive scale, the fix will be out.

Apple doesn't do "patches" for the iOS, it releases a whole new version. I wish they did patching, it would be nice.
    08-06-2010 02:11 PM
    this is not fair with iphone 4 users.
    08-06-2010 02:47 PM
    this is not fair with iphone 4 users.
    What? Explain.
    08-06-2010 03:00 PM
    oh.. no.. so i supposed need to hurry and update to ios4 before they offcially block the site..
    08-10-2010 02:40 AM
    oh.. no.. so i supposed need to hurry and update to ios4 before they offcially block the site..
    Or wait for 4.1 and a jailbreak that works for that
    08-10-2010 12:40 PM
    I thought the dude with the Nexus One story was hillarious! I'd love to do the same thing!
    08-10-2010 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD