Legitimacy of Installous

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffnucci

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I know talk of Installous is dangerous around here but did you all see the article from Dissident on why he continues with Installous and hackulo.us? Comex retweeted it and I thought it was interesting.

Hackulous: iPhone Pirates Don?t Hurt Jailbreaking?s Image

Thoughts? I'm with Dissident. Actual lost value vs. perceived lost value are two different things.

EDIT: Also, since I know an admin will see this. Yes, I use Installous, but as a way to test apps as it was intended. I was quite pissed when I paid $99.99 for TomTom which was a piece of crap than Navigon which is awesome. Apple needs to adopt a 24 hour trial period like Android. Falsely advertising an App's capabilities is piracy as much as "free apps" are.

Last edited:

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I agree with apple needing to revamp their policy, but I just dont like Installous... Half the stuff doesnt work right, doesnt sync with itunes, and so on... Most apps I get are like 99cents anyway so if I get a couple garbage apps, wont kill me...

jeffnucci

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Yeah. The app doesn't work real well but the popular stuff is on there. I like to support small developers so I don't mind buying apps at all. I just hate corporate cookie cutter crapp

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
worse than Installious, IMO, is the repos that offer cracked versions of JailBreak apps. Most "good" JB apps, I have paid for. JB app authors have it bad enough that they cannot get into the Apple AppStore and make bank there, and people are still too cheap (yet they own an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad) to pay for apps on Rock or Cydia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner