I think that we should make this a sticky so that everyone can go to 1 thread only instead of creating mulitple threads about the same issues for the new jailbreakme 4.x jailbreak. Who's comin with me.... I'll start:

Facetime and MMS issues
    Last edited by rdiddy_25; 08-05-2010 at 07:23 PM.
    08-05-2010 07:18 PM
    I second that Facetime Failing.
    08-05-2010 08:42 PM
    Make sure you update. Mine works fine. Just had a 30 min convo over facetime...
    08-05-2010 08:45 PM
    I am having a major fail and I don't know why. My phone has been crashing 10+ times a day for the last 2 days. It happened more since I installed the volume button extender to use them to skip tracks, but I uninstalled that and it still is happening.
    08-06-2010 12:00 AM
    Not having any issues with FaceTime JB ... little lag connecting but otherwise fine
    08-06-2010 12:22 AM
    Icons/Apps deleting from the phone and Icons coming up blanks with only the title showing.
    08-06-2010 07:39 AM
    @SoulfulZeta

I had that issue but it wasn't bc of the jb, but with cydia icon and mobile substrate upgrades. I did a respring of my springboard and it fixed the issue.
    08-06-2010 08:20 AM
    jailbreak ios 4 is buggy , this is reality , still ios 4 is suffering .
    08-06-2010 02:52 PM
    @SoulfulZeta

I had that issue but it wasn't bc of the jb, but with cydia icon and mobile substrate upgrades. I did a respring of my springboard and it fixed the issue.

Oh okay. I don't have winterboard installed. I took it off because it kept crashing when I had to reboot/respring. Is that giving you any problems? I miss my SMS themes.
    08-06-2010 08:46 PM
    No. Winterboard is fine. It was probably one of ur SMS themes that kept causing ur springboard to crash. There aren't alot of themes compatible with 4.x yet. Install winterboard again and check to make sure the theme is 4.0 compatible and you'll be good to go.
    08-06-2010 08:55 PM
    No. Winterboard is fine. It was probably one of ur SMS themes that kept causing ur springboard to crash. There aren't alot of themes compatible with 4.x yet. Install winterboard again and check to make sure the theme is 4.0 compatible and you'll be good to go.
    Did that and so far so good. Thanks.
    08-07-2010 12:03 AM
    Folks, the jailbreak is fine- no bugs if you do it right. It's the incompatible apps you're installing. Check the compatibility list and avoid the themes until they're ready.
    08-07-2010 10:34 AM
    Folks, the jailbreak is fine- no bugs if you do it right. It's the incompatible apps you're installing. Check the compatibility list and avoid the themes until they're ready.
    OK, but is everything going to go right back to being jacked up and "unjailbreakable" when firmware 4.1 comes out? When are things going to stabilize??
    08-07-2010 06:22 PM
    OK, but is everything going to go right back to being jacked up and "unjailbreakable" when firmware 4.1 comes out? When are things going to stabilize??
    Apple will always counter a JB loop hole with a fix. And the hackers will find a new loop hole and jailbreak the phone, however this takes times and/or at some point it may not be possible to JB. As always, do not update until the new JB for the update is out.
    08-08-2010 09:22 AM
    Apple will always counter a JB loop hole with a fix. And the hackers will find a new loop hole and jailbreak the phone, however this takes times and/or at some point it may not be possible to JB. As always, do not update until the new JB for the update is out.
    So every time Apple updates the software (which is often), people with ZjB phones have to wait however long it takes for the new JB to come out and the re-JB their phone, along with trying to get all the little settings/themes/preferences/add-ons back to how they were before? Or is it easier than that?
    08-08-2010 09:57 AM
    So every time Apple updates the software (which is often), people with ZjB phones have to wait however long it takes for the new JB to come out and the re-JB their phone, along with trying to get all the little settings/themes/preferences/add-ons back to how they were before? Or is it easier than that?
    Just don't install the update iTunes tries to download.
    08-08-2010 02:25 PM
    Hi!

I have a nice set of big problems with my iPhone 4.0.1 jailbreak.
    First of all, cydia keeps not-working. I download all that is needed, sometimes it runs perfectly, but for most of the times it says it can't load (problems with internet connection)
    I can't see my mail too, it says there are some problems with internet connection.
    The last thing I percieved is that I cant enter in the "General" (Settings--> General) option. When I press it, my Iphone crashes and it returns to the Springboard.

I tried refreshing, restarting, rebooting, restoring, reinstalling the OS and rejailbraiking for numerous times and it's always the same thing. What should I do? Is 4.x that buggy? Is it better to downgrade?

Thank you
    08-08-2010 09:11 PM
    Hi!

I have a nice set of big problems with my iPhone 4.0.1 jailbreak.
    First of all, cydia keeps not-working. I download all that is needed, sometimes it runs perfectly, but for most of the times it says it can't load (problems with internet connection)
    I can't see my mail too, it says there are some problems with internet connection.
    The last thing I percieved is that I cant enter in the "General" (Settings--> General) option. When I press it, my Iphone crashes and it returns to the Springboard.

I tried refreshing, restarting, rebooting, restoring, reinstalling the OS and rejailbraiking for numerous times and it's always the same thing. What should I do? Is 4.x that buggy? Is it better to downgrade?

Thank you
    Sounds like to me you should backup your phone, restore it, and redo the jailbreak... and see where you're at...
    08-08-2010 09:36 PM
    My iPhone 4 doesn't want to let me have a theme slider, battery color or status bar. It let's me get it from cydia then check it on winterboard but it won't change athing. The only thing it let's me do is have a wallpaper and icon theme and a lockscreen theme. Could use some help on seeing what's up.
    08-08-2010 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD