Update to 4.0.1 Jailbreak before 4.1 is released?

matthirst

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
After reading around many threads I notice a lot of users are in the same boat as me (on a 3.1.3 jailbreak, more than happy with it and can?t find enough reason to update to 4.0.1 with the new jailbreak). However, I was just thinking that when 4.1 comes out (I don?t think too far away?), they will obviously fix the security hole and there won?t be any way to update to 4.0.1 to use jailbreakme. So there may not be long before we don't have this option any more.

I?ve changed my mind several times on whether to update to 4.0.1 and re-jailbreak now, as most of the bugs seem to have been ironed out, but I might just bite the bullet and get it done. Is anyone else in this same situation? Is there an ETA for 4.1 to give me kind of a mental deadline to decide?

Last edited:

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
If you're happy without 4.0.0 or 4.0.1, then you will probably be happy without 4.1.0 as well.
My feeling is that the dev team has something else in the wings, otherwise they would have waited until 4.1 before releasing jailbreakme.com... You won't have to wait long.

c5vettes

May 11, 2009
twitter.com
I would bite the bullet and do it as long as you don't have a problem with restoring in the event things go wrong. 9/10 times it works out just fine but there's always that one time when it doesnt!

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
What's this deal with the proximity sensor anyway? Does it only affect some iPhones? I have an iPhone 4 running 4.0.1 and have had no issues with the proximity sensor.

its like the sensor has some over-sensitivity in some cases. I have noticed that slightly adjusting the position of the phone against the side of my head and the sensor thinks my head isn't there anymore. Its almost like the sensor is aiming DOWN my ear canal and stops tracking after a half inch or more.

I have found myself in the middle of calls and the side of my face mutes calls, turns on speaker phone, opens the key pad and hits random buttons. One time I actually initiated a conference call with myself, my dad and Google 411 because of the issue.

Malinovaya

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I guess I won't wait till 4.1 release. Though it is reported that it will be introduced this September and that's not so far now the speed of software development has really jumped and if to wait every time till the next jailbreak version than you may never update your iPhone.))

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
i'm personally in no hurry. my 3.1.3 Spirit JB is stable and i'd just hate to lose a JB due to the fact that i upgraded to iOS 4.0 just for the sake of it. i think i'll wait for 4.1 JB for my 3GS.

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
I was in the same situation as all of you. I loved my JB 3GS on 3.13 but decided to bite the bullet and upgraded then re-jailbroke. My only advice is to research which apps are compatible and install one at a time to make sure it is installed and runs smooth. I ran into some issues when I told Rock to re-install everything that I had previously. Now that I did a restore, re-JB on 4.0.1 and installed only the imperative apps everything is perfect. I must say that I love the new iOS. Even with less memory available (due to apples "multitasking") the phone runs much smoother and is much more responsive.

I'd say DO IT!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2