So I just did my first jailbreak ever with my 3GS
    I found this SMS tone that I would love to use but, It's not working, its in the winterboard, checked off and ready but I still get the default apple tones. Is there another program I'm supposed to install to use the SMS tones? I am currently using a theme (not complete) could that have something to do with it?
    08-04-2010 07:41 AM
    The Apple SMS tones just get replaced but still have the same name, so try each one to see which one it has changed. Though I have had some that just don't work.
    08-04-2010 07:51 AM
    @DBlanco

Winterboard works as a hierarchy, make sure that u check the tone and move it to the very top and it should work.
    08-04-2010 08:32 AM
    I refuse to use WinterBoard, I swear that is what slows every iDevice down I jailbreak.

Use ToneFXs to change the notifications. You can change everything, from SMS, to sent/recieved email to locking/unlocking the phone. And its pretty simple to upload your own tones once you download their tone editor on their website. Efiko Software - ToneFXs
    08-04-2010 09:19 AM
    The Apple SMS tones just get replaced but still have the same name, so try each one to see which one it has changed. Though I have had some that just don't work.
    Thanks dude, that worked
    08-04-2010 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD