Ok there is so much info out there and on this forum Im not sure which program to use to jailbreak my phone.

I have the 3GS. I purchased it new about 4 months ago. Its never been jailbroke before. I am using OS 4.0.1 and am using the AT&T network. Im also in the USA and use a PC.

Which one should I use?
    Last edited by EMSJunkie; 08-04-2010 at 01:42 AM.
    08-04-2010 01:20 AM
    Are you on 4.0.1 which is the most recent public OS or the beta 4.1?

The easiest way to jailbreak is to use jailbreakme.com.
    08-04-2010 01:42 AM
    Sorry I edited my post right when you must of posted. I am using 4.0.1 not the 4.1 beta. So just go to jailbreakme.com on my phone right? And it does the rest.

My other question is if I do this will all my current apps still be here? Will I be able to access the app store or only the jailbreak one?
    08-04-2010 01:49 AM
    EMS junkie:

Yes, jailbreakme.com will work for your device.
    Should you have trouble installing it, I suggest:
    -Most important! Slide the bar SLOWLY.
    - clear your cookies, cache and history.
    - close all open/running apps.
    - reboot your device.
    SECOND MOST IMPORTANT! Once you've successfully J/B, open the Cydia app, let it do it's thing recognizing your device. Under the search function, type in PDF, then install PDF Loading Warner. This gives you a pop up warning if someone is trying to potentially exploit the vulnerability that makes this J/B possible.
    Once you've jailbroken, you'll be able to install apps from Cydia and from the app store.
    08-04-2010 05:51 AM
    Great thanks! It all worked great.
    08-04-2010 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD