Weird unusable white icon apps show up after jailbreak

Reptar

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
After I jailbreaked my iPhone random apps pop up. They only show after I install apps from the App Store. Here are the names of the apps "AdSheet" "AppDemo" "iPodOut" "TrustMe" "WebSheet". There are 5 apps totall. When I click on the app the screen goes black and nothing happens. The one way to remove them is restart my phone. Any ideas as to what is going on?

jsulmeyer

Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same issue - I think that it has to do with SBSettings, but I'm not sure - I just notice that when those white icons appear, icons for apps that I added to the "dock" in SBSettings also appear near them. Do you have SBSettings installed on your device?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I notice this too, everytime I update or add an app through the App Store. I have to reboot my phone for them to disappear. I have sbsettings installed.

jsulmeyer

Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the process of restoring my phone and will probably re-jailbrak after. In the meantime, if someone wants to remove SBSettings to see if this resolves the issue, that would be great...

Spoon#IM

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
this happens with somethings on my phone, always after installing something or removing something(typically a JB app).

all you have to do it respring it. you can do that from SBSettings its the 3rd or 4th static option below the toggles.

Corrina

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I get the white icons, as well as all the ones I've hidden or put up in the dock, using SBSettings. Respring gets rid of them and it doesn't seem to have any adverse effect on my phone. I'll be happy when it's fixed though.

jailbrokenpako

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
There is no patch for the issue. It's just an issue with SBSettings and Spring Board. While your iDevice is locked just slide your finger on the top of the screen and you will get SBSettings toogles. Select the one that says power off and then select Safe Mode from the menu that comes up. Once your iDevice is on Safe Mode all your icons will be back and the blank icons will be gone. Open up Cydia and search from SBSettings proceed to install it. Your iDevice will restart, so proceed to repeat the same steps. Boot iDevice on Safe Mode open up Cydia and search for SBSettings and proceed to uninstall it. Reboot the iDevice and the issue should be resolved.

Last edited:

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. At first thought there's something wrong with my unit but then once i read this thread i felt relieved. Lets hope that some kind of solution comes out soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73