Looking for an app that will ONLY use 3G, even if a WIFI signal is available

Anyone know of one? Willing to buy it if its a paid program, but hopefully its a freebe :P
    08-02-2010 10:35 PM
    Not to be a smart *** but wouldn't turning wifi off accomplish what you're looking for? Or are you hoping to be using wifi for something else while forcing the 3G connection?
    08-02-2010 10:55 PM
    Here is how to do it:

1. Go to Settings
    2. Turn Wifi Toggle Off
    3. Done
    08-02-2010 10:55 PM
    Not to be a smart *** but wouldn't turning wifi off accomplish what you're looking for? Or are you hoping to be using wifi for something else while forcing the 3G connection?
    Apparently, farbod is trying to be a smart ***!
    08-02-2010 11:02 PM
    WOW!! Thanks guys!

After writing so many how to guides for the site (see stickies at the top of this forum) and helping others out with countless problems I never would e thought about turning wifi off!!

How about instead of posting bull**** answers you don't post at all?

When using the AT&T "my account" app it requires you to use it in a no wifi area - rather than turn it off and cause other programs to then use my data, load the my account app, then turn it back on, I want a program to designate it to use the available 3G signal instead of the wifi that may or may not be active.
    08-03-2010 01:45 PM
    Wiltron, my response wasn't intended to be a bull**** response. If you read all of my response I'm actually asking you a question to clarify what you are looking for.

I'm not familiar with any application that can do what you are looking for.

I'm also fairly certain my "my account" app uses my wifi connection when it's active, I'll have to double check.
    08-03-2010 03:48 PM
    Just go to settings and turn the wifi off.
    08-03-2010 03:53 PM
    Wouldn't it be easier to just turn wifi off in settings?
    08-03-2010 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD