official iOS4 jailbroken apps compatibility thread

AndyLu

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about making a post of apps that don't work. All I know for now is that proswitcher causes the iphone4 to go into safe mode

iamldash

Sep 9, 2009
www.twitter.com
quickreply needs to be updated. I've seen so many ppl on this site including myself that rave how much we all love it... where's the creater when u need em

jeffnucci

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Just so I feel like I actually contributed to this thread

3G Unrestrictor
Activator
AppBackup
AppSync for 4.0
BiteSMS
OpenSSH
Blacksn0w (for 3G/3GS)
CyDelete
SBSettings
MyWi
Installous (Don't be stealin'!)
QuickReply for SMS
LockInfo
WifiSync (sorta)
WinterBoard (iOS was completely restructured so most Themes are obsolete)
most of the SBSettings toggles are iOS4 compatible as well

That's all the big and popular stuff I know of. You can definitely tell which devs have access to dev tools and pay the $99 a year to Apple.

iminboston

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
My QuickReply works but it has some problems. It doesn't matter what I change in the settings, the load earlier messages does not show up, and landscape does not work. Anyone else have that same problem?

timmyb457

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
quick reply works on my 3gs with 4.0.1. i just had to turn off "show contact picture". Also you dont get landscape or load earlier button. but you can reply

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I am still waiting for LiveClock and WeatherIcon to be updated for iPhone 4... :(

As of now, LiveClock is MIA, and WeatherIcon makes my iPhone 4 go into safe mode... I can't wait to have those features back. They are literally half of why I jailbreak.

iminboston

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
For those having trouble with QuickReply not working at all, you must adjust the settings so that all of the features are set to off. It will work but is limited to portrait mode and no earlier messages.

I also have Lockinfo running with an htc weather and clock plugin running, and have the sms plugin set to launch QuickReply on a double tap of the preview (popups blocked) and QuickReply works there. Lockinfo is working perfectly for me as well.

SBSettings works fine mostly, after a respring or restart the first time I swipe to bring it down there is no animation and I have not found a theme that is upgraded for the retina display, but functionally it works fine otherwise.

MyWi 4.0 works both through USB and broadcasting wifi. My3G works great as well.

SSH worked fine when I had to delete a repository that kept causing Cydia to display an error message.

Activator works great, have lockinfo, SBSettings, and SpringFlash all using different gestures and they work perfectly, SpringFlash is a great way of getting the LED flash on quickly, just a quick double tap of the status bar and its on.

Thats about all I jailbreak for, just waiting for SBSettings to get a little smoother and have retina support and QuickReply to get their update out to allow loading earlier messages and portrait mode.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711